Fuckarounditis

Only read the sub-headings and a bit of the text but mostly I agree.

Though I have some simpler advice for people who are struggling to get better.

1) Pick a good program. One that has passed the test of time. One that top athletes use.

2) Do not stray from it. Work hard. I mean HARD. Now HARDER! Every movement that is meant to make you stronger should be challenging. (if it isn't hard, then it should either help mobility or rehab. if not, don't do it, it's a waste of time)

3) Individualize the program, if you stall.

4) Do not take days off. Do not use excuses. Admit failure, feel ashamed for it as you should and don't fail again.

5) Work harder.

Repeat this for a couple of years and you should become obscenely strong.

People start out with little effort and bad programs. They have beginner gains, then they stall and get one or two PRs per year. And they accept it, thinking it is normal.

I was the same, then I stopped accepting it, I fought it and I started busting my ass all the time while sticking to a good system. Or at least I am trying to. And suddenly I progress faster as time goes by, instead of more slowly. And so can you. In fact, so should everyone!

The most important thing, simply put, is just to never accept defeat. Once you believe that you can achieve great things, you just won't stop. You will fail and then you'll try again and try harder. All the time.