Chest dips using chair?

I tried doing chest dips using two chairs. I felt my back stiffening from the exercise but didn't feel much in the tri or chest area. I kept two chairs on my side and did the dip, the way it's usually done.

Some people say whether or not you feel it in the chest, the dip will always work the chest. Is this true, if so, why do I feel it only in my back?

Thanks, VR. It is amazing this workout. But they say we should do 10 reps/4 sets. Since I am only able to do 4 or 5 reps at a stretch, do I do 10 sets? So all in all, will 40 or 50 reps per day be alright (regardless of sets)?

Yeah its a great chest and tricep workout

Personally I usually get an odd stiffening feeling in lats and to the side of my chest so I'm sure its nothing to worry about, as for sets and reps,

Why not start off with 4 sets of 4 reps and try and add an extra rep in here and there each time so you'll eventually be able to do 4 sets of 10 reps

For a change, you could try dips on the edge of a kitchen sink or small cupboard/closet of about waist height or slightly higher.

One is similar to Korean dips - where you have your back to a bar. In real Korean dips only your hands are in contact with anything - the bar. But done on a cupboard, your feet will slide up and down the front of the cupboard. Best to wear socks to help with the slidiness of your feet.

The other version is to face the cupboard to do the dips. With bent legs, your knees will slide up and down on the cupboard. This will target the chest because you will be slightly bent over the cupboard. I find this one to be much harder than dips where the hands are on two bars or two chairs.