on my way to 1st NPC this Saturday!

I posted this as and update to my introduction, but I thought I would post here also.

Hello Again! So this is the final week before my first NPC bikini competition. I'm so fortunate that my coaches have not tried to change my vegan lifestyle. They are super supportive. This is new for them so they are seeing it as a learning experience also. Since this was my first competition I went by their guidelines and just tried my hardest to keep my macros right...I am soy and gluten free so it has been a bit of a challenge. In this last week I am currently on no carbs, but will incorporate a small amount tomorrow and up until the show on Sat. In general I feel pretty good, but I have I have 0 energy and massive brain fog which is expected I guess. Over all I think my physique in on target, but I know I need build out hamstrings a little more for my next competition.

I am doing my homework now for future competitions. I cut out fruits weeks ago and I am eating basically broccoli, asparagus, romaine and beyond beef, and plant fusion protein...but the sodium in that as well as my plant protein shakes is really making it tough. I don't normally eat a lot of sodium.

If anyone has experience or thoughts here it would be helpful. I have read that some people eat fruit all the way up to show time...my coaches don't subscribe to that, but I am willing to push my boundaries.

I have seen several vegan competitors post their diet plan, but it is for 12 weeks out, not for 1-2 weeks out.

Just curious what others are doing and finding success long term and at crunch time.

My thought would be to use a protein that doesn't have much sodium. You can make a custom blend of most of your favorite protein powders at truenutrition.com, I actually get mine as unflavored and unsweetened brown rice/pea protein powder. Basically, no additives, flavoring chemicals, etc... It has only 97mg of sodium in a 30g scoop with 24.5g of actual protein per scoop

• 3 weeks later...