Bent over rows form: is Parallel Torso Superior or Inferior?

Does anyone else do bent over rows with their back perfectly parallel to the ground? I just started doing them this way a couple months ago, and they are way more difficult. I return the bar to the ground on each rep and make sure it also touches my chest, so I end up using less weight, yet it is more difficult and uses the lower back a lot for stability. I feel like the difficulty should translate to better strength gains in rowing movements, but is this a superior or inferior way to preform the exercise for the sake of middle back hypertrophy? It sure feels better than just being bent over at a 45 degree angle.

I actually do inclined, horizontal, and declined bent over rows because they work on such different parts of the back. I too think the horizontal are the hardest because it engages the back muscles along their shortest span.

Does anyone else do bent over rows with their back perfectly parallel to the ground? I just started doing them this way a couple months ago, and they are way more difficult. I return the bar to the ground on each rep and make sure it also touches my chest, so I end up using less weight, yet it is more difficult and uses the lower back a lot for stability. I feel like the difficulty should translate to better strength gains in rowing movements, but is this a superior or inferior way to preform the exercise for the sake of middle back hypertrophy? It sure feels better than just being bent over at a 45 degree angle.

I'd recommend the "Yates" style Barbell Row, using a reverse grip (which puts the biceps into their strongest position, making them less of a weak link), with the upper body at a 70 degree angle, pulling the resistance into the waist. This is a superior movement for developing lat thickness/mass. I personally don't use it anymore due to low back issues, so these days i prefer low incline bench D-B Rows.

I'd recommend the "Yates" style Barbell Row, using a reverse grip (which puts the biceps into their strongest position, making them less of a weak link), with the upper body at a 70 degree angle, pulling the resistance into the waist. This is a superior movement for developing lat thickness/mass. I personally don't use it anymore due to low back issues, so these days i prefer low incline bench D-B Rows.

+1 to this!