non weight exercises

I don't have access to gym atm, so relying on bodyweight exercise mostly. But suppose I join a gym later on, r there non weight workouts I can do .... Cable crossover, for instance, is not a bodyweight workout but it isnt a weight training one like bench press either. So r there other exercises for upper body that are neither bodywwight not weight lifting......

Things to make me go...Hmmmm????

Perplexed at your question differentiating weight exercises from non-weight but also non-bodyweight exercises?

A bit more info please. What are your goals or intended accomplishments? Not sure why to join a gym except to use lots of weight or cardio equipment you don't already have? You can do A LOT without the expense of a gym depending on your goals. Bodyweight is good start....dumbbells are pretty cheap, add in pull up bar and have at it...

So can't really help much without more info...

• 1 month later...

An EXCELLENT non-weight, non-bodyweight upper body workout is....(drumroll.......). Fighting. Boxing. Working the heavy bag. Activities that work your whole body, from your legs, through your core and can absolutely shred your chest/back/shoulders/arms.

Talking functional size, cut, and endurance exercise.

Something you can do at home with a bag, or without a bag but some weighted gloves to make up for the lack of a bag. The strike and quick retraction fires the push and pull muscles on either side of the motion, the impact delivers the strength-training 'pop' of the full muscle flow. Done properly it engages legs and core.

More on this if you're interested....