how to build muscle and lose fat on vegan diet

Hi everyone, i'm a vegetarian going vegan. I do strength training for a few months now at home, have a barbell and dumbells. I lost some weight already but i'm struggling to get the final fat of and build some more muscle especially in my legs and glutes.

Can someone help me on how much calories i should eat and how to eat, how my macros should be on a vegan diet, because i don't get enough protein.

Maybe an example of a meal plan.

And also how much cardio should i do to lose fat.

I know that are alot of questions but i just don't know what to do anymore, i feel like i put alot of effort in it and i just don't get results

Lots going on here for sure!

Curious how you know or think you aren't getting enough protein? Don't need to just go defaulting to a protein drink.....depends on what you're eating otherwise as lots of options. I don't really count my macros, just eat till I'm satisfied, put some emphasis on ingredients in my post-workout meals.

As you transition, do you plan on still going with some of the meat alternatives like Gardein, Boca, etc.? or mostly focused on basics like legumes, grains, veg for your foods?

Probably do need to add in some cardio or some High Intensity Interval Training (still working with weights but little rest time, higher reps to keep heart/breathing rate up) to burn off what you're wanting to target. Going from veg to vegan might help on its own as some of the veg stuff can fall into the highly-processed category and been working against you.

For a getting started shopping list, I usually have these on hand all the time for whipping stuff up:

Lentils

Quinoa (COSTCO best prices for me for organic stuff)

Beans (black, kidney, chickpeas, navy...dried I guess is preferred, but usually have unsalted, organic cans on hand for quick use)

Peppers (all colors -- I go through a lot of these!)

Onions

'Good' bread (was getting Dave's Killer Bread but Safeway started carrying a nice range too that's hearty and unprocessed)

Fruit (Apples, pears, bananas, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries......)

Spinach and Kale

Potatoes (white and sweet...sweet is better but every now and then just crave baked potato w/black beans...dunno!)

Brown Rice

Nuts (usually just peanuts....nothing too exciting)

Natural peanut butter

Chia/Hemp/Flax seeds

Coconut Oil

Tomatoes (often in a can as I'm not a super fan of fresh...)

Pasta (I still do this, but use quinoa or similar -- not the cheap stuff)

Tofu (sprouted ideally but I also use regular non-gmo from COSTCO)

......out of ideas at the moment....