Opinions about CrossFit

I am actually following a strength program of 12 weeks but after that i would like to try out CrossFit although is very expensive, but it seems like a lot of fun and very exhausting.

Have you ever tried CrossFit? do you have some opinions about it? What do you think? It seems like a lot of people trash it

Hi Eden,

My opinion on crossfit is this...

Effective (as its high intensity in nature), BUT, it has inherently HUGE wear and tear issues that may very well return to bit the practitioner on the ass in years to come.

Moreover, what these "functional training" donuts just cant seem to grasp, is that anything that improves strength throughout the body will improve functional ability. It is not necessary for exercise movements to mimic other activities to improve upon your ability to improve perform them, and attempting to do so simply reduces the effectiveness of exercise.

Here's what Drew Baye (world renowned HIT expert) had to say to some of Crossfits biggest names...

http://baye.com/conversations-with-crossfitters/

http://baye.com/dark-ages/

Rob

Hi Eden,

For the very same reason why bullshit like p90x, insanity, spinning, bowflex, Tae Bo, Jane Fonda videos, Instant Abs, Zumba, boot camps, "power" plates and vibrating belts etc, became so popular.......marketing!

Once something catches on in the fitness industry (usually when an A list celeb is doing it), it becomes ingrained into peoples thinking. The crossfit "community" / "functional" training trend is no different.

Have to agree with Rob on this one. I think training in that style can be fun, and effective in moderation or as a means of breaking up a cycle that is getting stale. Personally though, if you are vegan, and prone to injury, I think you'll find your days in Crossfit to be short-lived. The problem is that pretty much anyone with a few bucks can open one of these "gyms" (correct me if I'm wrong), and some have little to no training experience which results in you doing ridiculous workouts that are way beyond what is necessary to transform, repeatedly, and then you'll find yourself injured. It's inevitable. Aren't you coming off of a nasty injury now? Not to dismay you from what you'd like to do, because you might have found a vegan friendly (in the USA the "Paleo" diet permeates Crossfit) Crossfit box that has a bunch of pro trainers who are total badasses and watch every rep you perform to ensure proper form.

Just my thoughts.

Yeah i was just thinking about trying that in the future not that i was really sure, but i like to read opinions from people who are much more expert than me in order to avoid bad decisions in the future.

I can totally see your points guys and i agree, i have read a bit about this topic and i am glad i did.

Now i have bad thoughts when someone says CrossFit