SQUAT CHALLENGE!!!

I just stumbled across a thread on veganfitness.net which looks so awesome!

Il paste it right on here, please give it a go if you're able, could be really fun and interesting

"Okay folks!

Now let's get it on!

We all know there's nothing more hardcore than high rep squatting

To make this challenge appeal to lifters of various levels, there will be two contests:

1. Highest number of reps with your bodyweight.

I'm talking bodyweight on your back here! Most people who lift weights should be able to do at least a rep with their bodyweight, so no excuses here!

2. Highest weight squatted for 50 reps.

Self explanatory really. I think most fit vegans on this board can do 50 reps without added weight, so almost everyone can enter this one. If you can't, start training for it!

Rules:

I. Vegan bodybuilding members only.

II. NO HALF- OR QUARTERSQUATS!

All squats should be valid powerlifting depth (or deeper if you wish). It's okay if you miss depth on some reps, you can still count them, but the majority should be good reps and if you realize you're getting too exhausted and keep missing the depth either stop the set or pull yourself together and go deep again. You're on your honor here.

III. The break between reps can be as long as you wish, as long as you don't move around and keep the weight on your back at all times.

IV. We're talking back squats here, but if you wish to do front squats instead, you're welcome to do so, just specify in your post.

V. For challenge 1., use the weight that is nearest to your bodyweight or slightly over, in 2.5kg / 5lbs steps.

Example: if you weigh between 80 and 82.5kg, use 82.5kg for the attempt. Don't use 80kg if you're 81kg"

Example: I weigh 85Kg at the moment, so I have to load up my barbell with 85Kg and see how many reps I can do.

The 50 reps challenge sounds exhausting haha but will give that a go also, would be cool if ogre would join in, il post up a little table so we can get a little competitive, having said that, don't feel intimidated or disheartened of others are posting lots of reps, just do what you can and be part of the fun

• 1 month later...

Last year I did 225lbs x 27 reps. I don't have access to a rack right now so I haven't back squatted in a while. I've lost a few inches of leg muscle because of it.

I think I will rig up some webbing from the garage beam and have at it.