At home weight lifting

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

At home weight lifting

#1 Postby AZvegan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:51 am

I work out at home with free weights and I am looking for different lifts to change things up. What are some good exercises I can do at home for chest and back. Currently I do...

Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Decline Bench Press
I plan on rotating flyes back into my chest routine, are incline flyes better than flat bench flyes?

Pull Ups
Single arm dumbbell rows
Bent over barbell rows
Rear delt raise (Reverse flyes)
I don't do dead-lifts because of a lower back injury and I am constantly in fear of re-injuring it. I know it's probably all in my head and I should be doint them, maybe I'll start bringing them back in a little at a time.

I really would like to rotate other free weight exercises into my routine so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot guys,

Re: At home weight lifting

#2 Postby AlexSean » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:29 pm

i'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.

Re: At home weight lifting

#3 Postby tylerpc73 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:54 am

For chest I would definitely incorporate dips into your routine. Not only are these a great chess exercise but they also work your shoulders and triceps a lot. For back you can try horizontal pull-ups which are great for back thickness and replicated a rowing movement which is hard to do at home
Hey guys just here to get some good advice on vegan bodybuilding. Check out my fitness website here:

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”