Why aren't my arms getting bigger?????

I don't know if this is the right place to ask advice, but I'm a 21 year old guy and I've been working out for two and a half months now. I've just started eating lots of calories over the passed week or so. I'm frustrated though.

I have a fast metabolism and I'm slim. I want to get bigger for me, and to prove to my dad and people that I can build muscle on a plant based diet. My chest seems to be getting bigger but my arms aren't. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if it'll just take time. I've been measuring my arms and they don't seem to be changing much. They're more defined but that's about it. Some days I miss some meals because of my schedule, but I manage to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at least.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? How can I get results in my arms?

• 2 weeks later...

You don't really say what you are doing, so it's tough to say what you're doing wrong...but you do need to have more patience.

Here's some basics: eat 5-6 meals/today, make sure you're eating enough calories (and you're macro and micro nutrients are on point), and TRAIN. I've found that smaller body parts (such as arms) yield better results from training more frequently, like every other day.

• 4 months later...

The biggest problem with arms not growing for most people is that they waste too much time isolating eg curls/extensions etc.

give pulling movements a go for biceps and pushing movements for triceps.

My arms grew the most from frequently doing pull ups and increasing my volume on the bench press, and obviously you need to eat and sleep!! Good luck

Hey there, you know, in the sport like bodybuilding you can't just train for like 2 moths & expect some obvious results, it's just impossible. It takes a lot of time & dedication to really achieve some results in it. Wait for like a half a year at least & than you will see some changes. Also make sure to train hard enough regularly & keep watching your diet. Make sure to not only check your calories, but amount of proteins & carbs, because 1 gram of protein has = number of calories as carbs do. What is your weight & height?

• 1 month later...