Yoga.

Do any of you guys who lift weights do Yoga? I'm looking to apply yoga to my schedule once or twice a week but I don't have a lot of money or access to any yoga classes and need to self teach. I'm looking for videos or websites with simple full body routines that cover all the basics in like 30-45min.

Thanks.

Yeah. Adding in some yoga can not only just mix it up now and then and work on your flexibility as you body build, BUT it can be its own intense kickass workout!!

Just answered another question about beginner yoga on another forum. I would expect there are some beginner Yoga channels on youtube for free to get used to the moves and such. But the workout for me comes from things other than the balance poses and stretches (which I need due to too much sitting at computer all day)...repeated cycles through downward dog/upward-dog (namaste)/raise a leg/swing through to warrior 1/2/3 /return and repeat just shreds your core, your shoulders, your glutes, etc.....

So yeah, check it out. Should be some stuff on line for free. The P90X Yoga routine is brilliant. With P90X2 and now X3 out, might be able to pick up original P90X for cheap on craigslist or something...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Do any of you guys who lift weights do Yoga?

I have done Yoga on and off, originally back in '73. Did Yoga solid in 2015 for 8 month almost everyday but also worked as a construction general labourer so not much weight training. Calisthenics works great with Yoga, bodyweight type training.

I more recently got into Hot Yoga and it's fantastic.

Fantastic documentary on Netflix "On Yoga: The Architecture of Peace"

Based on photographer Michael O’Neill’s book of the same name, this documentary traces the author’s 10-year journey through the landscape of yoga.

Michael O'Neill. On Yoga - The Architecture of Peace

This is the first major photographic exhibition on the subjects of yoga and meditation, and Michael O’Neill’s first show in Los Angeles. On display are eighty photographs from his new monograph as well as a selection of artifacts documenting the history of yoga through the ages.

https://www.artsy.net/show/taschen-michael-oneill-on-yoga-the-architecture-of-peace

• 1 month later...

My right shoulder was bothering me, especially sleeping on it so took a break from the exercise room in my apartment building. Went a few times in the past month taking it light, then recently a couple of times back into my more usual workout intensity.

The yoga I do is quite hard-core fitness type, lot of leg work and planks, I've been going 6 days a week, they had a special 99 days for $99 CDN.

• 3 months later...

I took a break from the Hot Yoga too work on strength, you can't do both especially advanced Yoga. Then it was time for a break so went back to Yoga, man it was tuff, will do another 3 month deal.

Calisthenics works really well with Yoga, stuff like your push-ups etc, even the old Charles Atlas Dynamic Tension method, which I really like. http://www.charlesatlas.com/