Soccer Players & Fans

JW

that's awesome! I'd love to go to one of those.

I met a guy last year who is from Argentina and he is planning to go to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup. He's issued the inviotation to me to join him!

really want to go see Man Utd play at Old Tratford

i'm watching. not playing anymore. played for about 10 years but in the end i figured out that teamsports are just nothing for me.

i wouldn't consider myself a "fan" but i love watching soccer. i like many teams and i'm always down with teams which play a offensive, high technical, modern way of soccer.

and i hope manchester will kick chelsea out of the champions league....

Chelsea are really disliked over here too, almost as much as Man U.

You must of enjoyed the Spurs game on Saturday JW?

Oh yes!!! too bad Liverpool won too

everybody hates a winner..sigh........

Man!!! I tuned in late to the Man U game at the 14 minute mark and it was 2-0 already!!!

I guess I should be happy.....

thoughts on the final?

Of course I'll only pay attention iof they are pro Man Utd

hey xphilx

are you a big bundesliga fan?

I used to follow it quite a bit but now it seems that all the coverage here is on the EPL

I still cheer for Germany at Euro and the World Cup

i'm not a "fan" but i follow the bundesliga and show support for my hometeam and teams which are playing good and offensive soccer like dortmund or bremen.

i also would like to follow the epl more often. too often i simply forget about it.

my hometown is hanover. the team is hannover 96, they will place 11th or 12th this season. pretty unspectacular but they had a lot of bad luck this year. at least their goal keeper is the goal keeper for the german national team. robert enke, you maybe heard about him..?!

Never gave a crap about sports, at all, but I am a recent convert. Started watching soccer off and on last summer. Now I catch whatever I can without having to pay for premium channels. They don't show enough on free tv here, aside from the occasional (maybe once a week if we're lucky) Premier League or UEFA match.

I still don't really know the rules or understand what's going on most of the time, but it's fun to watch regardless.

I grew up playing and it remains my favourite sport but it's getting tougher to play now (injuries)

I agree about the free TV thing.... we get mainly EPL and usually not the good games either...

Won't take too long to get the gist of the rules.. I can't wait to get overseas to see a game in person. Looks like an incredible experience