to much cardio???

hi

iv always just been lifting waights(years ago i did alot martial arts), never really done cardio. just some times 10 min on a bike or what ever.

and another factor iv been smoking :/ i just stoped

i use my bike every day as transport thats what we do in copenhagen

but my question can i do to much cardio?????(becouse i feel like going 2 times a day)

i just started this week running/biking/rowing in the gym everyday..

my program is :

day 1 : benchpress 5 / 5

squat 5 / 5

then cardio for 40-60 mins

day 2 : abs 3-6 times 10-15reps

maybe 3 reps biceps or 3reps triceps ....then cardio for 40-60 mins

day 3: standing shulder press 5/5 dead lift 5/5 40-60 min cardio

day 4 : same as day 2

day 5 bench press 5/5 and rows 5/5 40-60mins cardio

ps monday i was in so bad shape i could only run 2 minuts running, yesterday i did 15 minuts running:)

my plan is to be able to run 10km and loose 20kg

how dose that program look to you guys????

yeah man, cardio is great for you, it can be done every day. the only caveat is that if you're burning more than you're taking in, you'll have a problem if you're trying to gain muscle/weight from the lifting you're doing.

so eat up.

You're saying you'll be running and lifting heavy in the same day, every day for five days in a row..??

Why do you want to do this? I mean if you can do so, then go ahead, but i don't see the point..Also too much cardio bad for what thing? You can be running or lifting as much as you want depending on your goals..Might i guess you're looking for endurance, why then lift heavy at the same time?If you're doing cardio for the so called "health reasons", then heavy lifting is equally good for the heart.If you just want to lose weight you can hit the weights pretty hard and add some cardio in the off days..All i say is that your programme looks pretty complicated and i also got tired just by reading this ..Of course if you can do all this and have fun all the way then ignore this message as it will be self-destroyed in ω minutes... (having fun all the way in fitness should one primary goal)..