Spinning

zinzen

• 2 months later...

Spinning sounds intense. A friend of mine and I are bike enthusiasts and we've used the spin bikes by ourselves and just go for 40min or so adjusting the resistance up and down. Spin class sounds like a fun way to slam away calories and get leaner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

as a former (and probably future, on occasion) bike racer, I can say that spin classes are absolutely horrible and no fun.

I did two, the first time the trainer made us pedal huge resistance (or maybe I spun the dial too hard...) standing up, what completely wrecked my knees (in a bad way).

the second class with a different trainer was better, but still not fun.

And by the way, they will in to way help with cycling (racing) shape. they're just cardio. Don't mistake spin classes for bike training. HUGE difference.

ok. rant over. I prefer setting up the trainer on a stationary bike with a spinerval dvd or something.

Saulo, what kind of bike do you ride? any plans to race? I could probably help with that, if you would like.

• 4 months later...
Really, what asshole invented this class, Wow I nearly freaking died, needless to say I will be doing it again.

By the way my wife just joined our happy little forum. Her name on here is storms.

I Looooooove it! I do them about four times a week (well, rather, I instruct a class at the local gym up here four times a week). My favorite cardio AND Bike prep.

To the person who said it isn't good race prep: I have to disagree with you there. Don't properly with good posture, and form can be a very effective marathon and bike race prep. It's all about what you do, and what you're personal goals are, as well as what kind of bike you're using. You get what you put in, ya know?

I'm gonna do this today! My favourite instructor is leading the class and everything.

At first she got to be my favourite by complementing on my tattoos in the locker room. ( I'm easy ) After that I realized she's just plainly the BEST there is. She's fun but firm and motivates the shit out of you.

I'm gonna do this today! My favourite instructor is leading the class and everything.

At first she got to be my favourite by complementing on my tattoos in the locker room. ( I'm easy ) After that I realized she's just plainly the BEST there is. She's fun but firm and motivates the shit out of you.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

I'm still in a bit of a Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned-mode, and I think I got pretty much all of it out in spinning class