Swimming For Weight Loss

• 2 months later...

The following tips can help you to lose weight. All the tips from http://www.best-dietary-supplements.com

1) Eat six small meals a day. Stoking your body with food every three to four hours can rev your metabolism to the max.

2) Run 10 100-yard sprints and burn up to 500 calories.

3) Wait 20 minutes before going for seconds.

4) Throw on a hoodie before working out. When your muscles are warm, you actually burn more calories.

5) Use a smaller dinner plate—it’ll limit how much you can pile on.

6) Use a blue dinner plate. Studies show the color has an appetite- suppressing effect (as opposed to red and yellow plates).

7) Sub in nonfat Greek yogurt for mayo and sour cream—you’ll save 700 cals and 100 cals per half cup, respectively.

Eat peanuts from their shells. You’ll nosh on 50% fewer nuts in a sitting just trying to peel before eating.

9) Chew on sugar-free mint gum after a meal. Mint flavors send signals to your brain that it’s time to stop eating.

10) Snack on pistachios instead of pretzels.

11) Take up power yoga. You can burn up to 344 calories a class.

12) Train fasted once a week. This helps the body to keep adrenaline high and blood sugar low.

13) Try some supplements such as garcinia cambogia or green tea to solve your problem while doing enough exercise.

• 1 month later...

Swimming is a full body activity, and could be done both in a passive manner, as well as high intensity interval training. For weight loss, I'd recommend the latter; i.e. sprint swim for 30 seconds, moderate pace for a minute, and so on. You could even invert the ratio to 1 minute sprint, 30 seconds moderate.

Swimming is also low/no impact, and while the elliptical is technically low resistance, you might be moving joints in less than ideal manner. Plus, I find them awkward as all hell, and boring. At least with swimming you're in a constant state of focus, and you get to swim!

• 4 weeks later...

Since I just lost 25 pounds, mostly body fat, by swimming, I can tell you from my experience that you can.

I have to mention that I've been swimming for more than 20 years and used to train in groups with a trainer and

also use work outs.

It depends mostly on the quality to get results. I swim at a gym too and most people in the pool don't really swim well nor

particularity intensive.

I do interval training which mans something like 4 x 200 yards hard, 10 x 100 yards fast, 10 x 25 yard sprints just to give you an idea.

Obviously that is more effective than a stationary bike because you train your whole body

At the moment I also do spinning classes and mix it up. Even doing spinning depends on how much quality training you do. If you cycle with a low resistance

you'll get less out of it than cycling with a high resistance. It's he same with any form of exercise.

I also needed to adjust my diet and watch what and how much I eat.

• 3 months later...

Swimming is one of those exercises that not only help you lose weight but also tone your body. Swimming is a wonderful cardiovascular exercise that builds a plethora of muscles along your body. If you know somebody who is a professional swimmer or have access to classes, I highly recommend it so you can learn to breathe and swim properly. This will help you avoid overextending your muscles. Even if you have to learn proper swimming techniques on your own, swimming is an incredible low-impact exercise. I highly recommend it!