Before & After - HELP!

Hey all! New to the boards and just wanted to show a before/after photo of me, but also to get some advice because I seem to have hit a plateau. Anyways, first are the before/after pics.....

Before:

229003_505736598645_7051_n.jpg?oh=8f30b75a95e47f7fbf27182edbc58e54&oe=596FCCAF

After:

13226809_729716985155_3948817734445454737_n.jpg?oh=f86895ef145a38ac7f47b467bcf26a29&oe=594F1BDA

So the first photo is me back in 2009 on a trip to Destin, FL. Its surprising looking back and not even realizing at the time how fat I was....the second pic is from another Destin Trip last year. All in all, I have managed to lose 101 pounds and keep it off for a little over 5 years now. Now comes the part where I need help. I have reached a point where I do not believe I need to lose anymore weight, but I'm also not nearly as cut as I want to be. In spite of losing all the weight, I still have this fat that has hung around my midsection for the better part of three years after dropping most of the initial weight. Here are pics i took this morning to show what I'm talking about:

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u536/lock_stephen/IMG_02831_zpsshaqxdqt.jpg

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u536/lock_stephen/IMG_02821_zpshgx0tf1p.jpg

You can see that little bit of fat around my mid-section that I just simply cannot get rid of, no matter what I do with my diet or workouts. For my workouts, I do the 5x5 Stronglifts three days a week with HIIT on my non-lifting days. Here is an example of what i eat on a daily basis:

Breakfast: Bean Smoothie - 1/2 cup of white beans, 3 bananas, cocoa powder and Almond milk

Two slices of Ezekiel Toast with one serving of PB2

Lunch: Taco Salad: Black beans, pico de gallo, spinach, lettuce, Salsa, corn (might have one whole grain tortilla as well) OR

if I'm in a hurry, a Footlong Veggie Sub with lettuce, spinach, tomato, onion, and banana peppers with Spicy Mustard

Snack: One cup of Oatmeal with almond milk, Banana Smoothie with 3 bananas, cocoa powder, cinnamon and almond milk

Dinner: Cup of brown rice (cooked), corn, bell peppers and 2 slices of Ezekiel bread

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I would really like to get rid of this freakin' last bit of fat. I was told that it would be a slow process, but this has been well over two years, and very little progress has been made. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hey Steve,

Congrats on the huge success of weight loss!

Looking at your meal example, I wonder if increasing the protein-carbohydrate ratio would be beneficial to your training regimen and weight loss.

Adding a protein supplement to your breakfast smoothie (Vega vanilla and greens, 20 grams) and reducing bananas to 1.

Lunch: Adding a 1/2 block of extra-firm tofu (26 grams protein)

Dinner: 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup lentils cooked (28 grams protein), plus veg

Protein increase satiety and will fuel repair from the work you put in at the gym. Perhaps at this point, after all the weight loss, it would be of benefit to now focus on improving fitness and performance at the gym.

All the best!