Trying to adopt a vegan workout/nutrition life plan

hey everyone,

I am new to the vegan world, my gf has been showing me the ropes. I have been wanting to start working out again but try and maintain a vegan diet. I need help with coming up with an eating plan. I usually have a shake in the mornings for breakfast before work which includes: strawberries, blueberries, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, a scoop of protein powder, almond milk, sometimes bananas, and s little honey.

For lunch i literally have no idea what to make. I still have been eating non vegan but I want to try and and eat more vegan. Dinner is also a toss up.

If anyone has a general meal plan that I could perhaps follow I would greatly appreciate it. I need to be able to prepare the foods maybe the night before that can be stored in the fridge. I have access to a microwave at work if it needs heating up as well.

My measurements: I am 6'1. About 186lbs. I believe my body fat is around 18-20%. I am looking to build some muscle and tone.

I am willing to put in the work, but I just need some guidance.

Thank you all for your time and comments.

-vq

1877427918_Photoon4-8-14at2_41PM.thumb.jpg.644a011001883e45949f8905580152ed.jpg

681157927_Photoon4-8-14at2_42PM.thumb.jpg.42eb49927c53318cf123f59c388704d5.jpg

Maybe do what I did when I went vegan: simply replace meat and eggs in your meals by an equivalent portion of legumes or tofu (both are about 130g)

So my meals are often like that (I'm about 135ibs):

- lunch: tofu + a large salad (spinach, red peppers, tomatoes, carrots, avocado) + a piece of fruits.

- snacks: glass of soy/coco/rice milk or soy yoghurt + handful of almonds + oatmeal or fruits

- diner: sweet potato/rice/pasta + lentils + large salad. Bigger meal as it comes post training.

I bought a few books when going vegan, the best one in my opinion was this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0738214930/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And for recipes:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veganomicon-Ultimate-Isa-Chandra-Moskowitz/dp/156924264X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397401291&sr=1-1&keywords=vegonomicon

Best of luck!

need to go jog, but might suggest adding to your morning shake some kale (oddly it blends nicely with the fruits you listed -- might make smoothie a funky green/brown color but have only ever had 1 bad experience, and that was mixing lemon with kale...didn't like that one!) haha.

handy dandy lunch option you can make ahead of time in in bulk would be various combos of whatever you have on hand...

-base: lentils or quinoa (or both?)

-add-ins: fav veg: peppers, onion, mushrooms, spinach (it cooks down nicely!), beans (black beans work well)

-bonus: (if you roll this way) lite-life sausage or tofurkey kilbasa, italian sausage, Boca vegan mince, or setain, etc., there's a vegan chorizo too if you like spicy

-spices: cumin, paprika, or cayenne you mentioned would work well, salsa, or go italian-slant with garlic, basil, oregano

Really hard to get wrong. Costco (if you have in your area) sells good sized bag of organic quinoa for like $10.

The listed lentils/quinoa concoction works for me as a breakfast, or lunch, and can be tasty warm or cold. Loaded with amino's (quinoa is complete protein) and nutrients. The more veg the better. For lunch, pair it up with some fruit (apple is good with fiber).

Dinner...lots of options there, but off to jog.....