high fat vegan

Hello everyone! I'm new to this website/forum and to vegan in general. I am a pescatarian and Im interested in switching to vegan to see if it works for me as a bodybuilder. I have found that I make incredible muscle gains on a high fat diet (about 51% fat). Most vegan diets I've seen are high carb with alot of fruits. Can anyone help direct me to good books or websites or any ideas at all that can help with high fat but still vegan? Thank you!

Robert Cheeke's and Brendan Brazier's books are great. I would suggest eating a lot of avocados and nuts like Brazil nuts for some healthy fats. Coconut oil/water/actual coconut and seeds like hemp and sunflower, as well as nut and seed butters like sunflower, almond cashew, peanut.

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone! I'm new to this website/forum and to vegan in general. I am a pescatarian and Im interested in switching to vegan to see if it works for me as a bodybuilder. I have found that I make incredible muscle gains on a high fat diet (about 51% fat). Most vegan diets I've seen are high carb with alot of fruits. Can anyone help direct me to good books or websites or any ideas at all that can help with high fat but still vegan? Thank you!

There is a lot of quackery in regards to vegan nutrition.

I would get a general vegan nutrition book from people with real credentials ( Vegan For Life, by Jack Norris RD ) and then eat healthy whole fat rich vegan foods ( nuts, seeds, nut/seed butters, avocados, coconuts, full fat soy )

Hello and welcome. I am curious, when you say muscle gains, do you mean strength or size or both?

• 3 months later...

We humans require protein, carbs and wholefood fats in no particular ratio that anyone can be certain for every individual.

My ratio is medium carbs, medium fats and low-medium protein.

mostly be careful about omega 3/6 ratios...

Why?

Anyone who regurgitates that nonsense ratio science clearly doesn't know anything about how the inflammatory response system works in the human body.

• 2 weeks later...
Low fat = low sex drive..

Tell that to the monkeys. I can tell you.....in 'Soapy's words "There is a lot of quackery...". They say sexual peak is at 18? I'm 46 and still "Peaking".

My Low-fat-raw-vegan 6 year video:

"too much carbs too much insulin." - But what's too much? FORTY bananas a day????? Because 30 isn't making people impotent or fat.

"pesticides-block-male-hormones"

Tell that to my Banana.

I can do this all day long. I do, on youtube and twitter.

Low fat = low sex drive..

I can do this all day long. I do, on youtube and twitter.

"this" isn't hard work. Try working in interlocking by consuming a low fat diet and let us know if your cells are able to repair your muscles and prevent the discs of your spinal cord from bulging.

Try working in interlocking by consuming a low fat diet and let us know if your cells are able to repair your muscles and prevent the discs of your spinal cord from bulging.

I don't follow

to clarify: Low-fat does't mean LOW. It's compared to the super high-fat diets the US eats. 10% is plenty; just like the protein myth.

Try working in interlocking by consuming a low fat diet and let us know if your cells are able to repair your muscles and prevent the discs of your spinal cord from bulging.

I don't follow

to clarify: Low-fat does't mean LOW. It's compared to the super high-fat diets the US eats. 10% is plenty; just like the protein myth.

10% Isn't plenty when you're moving big heavy bricks, pushing wheelbarrows, and shoveling gravel all day.