Sleeping patterns

So I understand how important sleep is for the body. I also know that for those of us that workout/train lots and hard we are in need of more sleep for recovery.

What I am curious about is sleeping patterns. Mine have been way out of wack lately. Does consistency of sleeping patterns also effect your health? Like if I am gettting 7-8 hours of sleep per night consistently but some nights I go to be early and get up early and some nights I go to be really late could this be detrimental?

If anyone has any factual info or anything they can link me with please do!

-Dylan

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read any research studies on this but I've tracked my sleep patterns for years now and I can tell you for me it makes a difference. I recover and sleep better if I maintain the same sleeping hours every night. Any time that gets disrupted I see a decline in sleep stability following the disruption. I also see a decline my recovery and workouts.

Like Monday through Friday I can sleep great, recover great and then if I sleep in Saturday I'm guaranteed Sunday I want be able to sleep good and then Monday's my workouts suck. It happens so often I try to schedule around it.

But every ones different.