Noob wants to start doing Crossfit - what Nutrition rec.?

Hi all ,

Well , im 33 years old and have been quite lazy over the last years.

Fortunatley i didnt get fat since i dont "Need" to much Food Overall not Feeling hungry , wich usually means :

getting up - coffee&Soy Milk

1-2 hours later a banana shake with joghurt or some other smoothie

2 hours after that a main dish like schnitzel with Rice and salad or Pasta or other stuff like that (i know - not vegan and i know not very healthy..!)

in the evening maybe some bread w. cheese or some other smallish meal (maybe some chocolate afterwards but surely not everyday).

I write this because i think this Nutrition is NOT enough if i start doing Crossfit regularly.

I feel with a Nutrition like that my Body just doesnt get enough good Food for building muscles etc.

My current weight is 67kg (148 Pounds) at a height of 178cm (178 centimeters = 5.83989501 feet

178 centimeters = 70.0787402 Inch <--- sorry dont know wich one is the correct one in Terms of Body height ..)

My Body type is and always was a bit skinny w. Long arms and legs (tall and thin more like a runner type).

So my question is:

>For doing Crossfit 3 times a week - wich (Vegan) products would you recommend so that my Body should have everything he Needs to get stronger and healthier ?

Thanks for every answer !

I'm a skinny runner type as well, I see what you mean

If your goal is to build some muscles, you can eat more, and ideally that should be clean unprocessed food.

You actually don't really need specific 'vegan' food to switch to a plant based-nutrition, although some of them are convenient or can help with the transition. Just make sure you get enough B12, which should be the case if you have fortified soy milk.

From your meal plan, you can probably:

- add 1-2 of snacks / day (soy yoghurt + 1 fruit + few nuts for instance).

- breakfast looks quite light, although I don't know exactly what goes into your shake. Add some oats!

- have a protein shake after you train, or a snack with protein + carb (peanut butter sandwhich, or chocolate soy milk + fruit).

- eat a bit more fresh vegetables for vitamins

- have more protein, adding a serving of lentils or chickpeas at lunch and in the evening. Replace the cheese by hummus for instance.

- if you get full fast, add calorie-rich food to your meal, as you don't need a lot to seriously turn up your calorie intake. That can be a tablespoon of olive oil on your salad, and a handful or nuts with your snacks.

Yeah you need a lot more fruits and veggies in your life. I would suggest a lot of beans, supplement them with a probiotic like sauerkraut so that you can digest them well and get all of the nutrients from them. I would also suggest adding more seeds to your diet like chia, hemp, flax, pumpkin, sunflower.