help please

don't give up bosssantana!

Some days its hard to catch up on the questions.

So you say you're losing weight and your lifts are going down....obviously not a good thing.

Something is missing or out of right balance with your diet would be my blind guess...can you say some about what you're eating and we can go from there?

meal one - 1/2 cup of oatmeal with soy milk 240 ml and sliced banana and a spoon of peanut butter

meal two - quinoa 185 grams tempeh 3 oz and sweet potato

meal three - apple and blueberry or salad

meal four - quinoa 185 grams with beans at least 100 grams of beans or more depends which beans and a salad on the side

meal five- a protein shake of raw protein garden of life two scoops blueberries 1 or 2 oz a whole banana and and maybe a spoon of peanut butter and im done for the day

Nicely done!!

Nothing to complain about, but would suggest adding some more veg...phyto nutrients. For meal 2, suggest adding in some peppers (your choice of color), spinach or kale is a regular side for me...if a meal doesn't have color I feel like something is missing. Likewise with your breakfast, add in as you can to your oatmeal what Mike Dolce (trainer for UFC fighters) calls the 'breakfast bowl'. You're pretty much there....The ingredients you’ll need for the breakfast bowl are as follows: oat meal, oat bran or buckwheat; blueberries; strawberries; raisins; banana; peanut or almond butter; flax seeds; cinnamon; water.

Note that Dolce isn't a veg/vegan but I can attest his stuff is solid.

Quantities sound like the recommended 'serving', but if your weight is dropping and your performance is too, need to make a few changes in the quantities and the timing.

Can't tell from your meal break down when your workout occurs. I'd start there. Within 2hrs of your workout, bump up your intake for the energy/fuel you'll need for your exercise. With plants, it's hard to go wrong...I usually have some nuts, apple, etc. to get ready.

Then ideally within 2hrs of your workout, shift your protein shake to then. Need to fuel your body up for recovery which happens mostly when you're asleep.

Wouldn't worry much about the % protein you're getting over all. peanut butter, quinoa, spinach, more quinoa+beans and a shake should have you covered.

Good rule to keep in mind..if you're falling short of your goals (weight, strength, etc.) tweak your diet 10%. SO starting with preworkout....whatever you're doing bump quantity up by 10%. Ditto for post workout. Wait a week and assess results. Better but not where you want to be....another 10%...but don't forget the nutrients before bed. Maybe add in some more fruit...

Cool?

I'd say roll up to even 200gm...nice round number.

One of the nice principles is to eat based on either what you are about to do...or what you just did. SO, pre-workout you need some fuel for energy and want it to be as bio-ready as possible so that energy is available for you. Then post-workout, need to replenish what you might have lost in sweat and expenditure, but don't make it harder than it is.

Since you're working out after meal 1, breakfast bowl should be a good add.

The rest looks pretty good. Maybe add the extra 10% to the post workout portions to aid in the repair and growth.

Give a try and in a week see how it goes!

So as I thought I was taking in 3000 plus with all my meals you can remove about 1200 so I have only been taking in 1800 which is very very low and if beans aren't 600 as we'll you can remember 400 or 800 so that's leaves me only taking in about only 2400 max can anyone give me advice on taking in more calories easier

#OnlyHuman....haha...

But...3000 cals is ALOT! Even if plant based. Given what you were eating....I'd say STILL go with 10% bump....one week....check...if not good, another 10%...

Going from 1800 to 3000+ would be way too big a swing. Probably give you more around your middle than in your muscles.

Your nutrition was sound......small changes...

as i finished calculating with the add of things my total actually isnt so far from 3000 so i have basically i know 3000 sounds like alot but the thing is i have football practice and i go to the gym and 2-3 times a week i have brazilian jiu jitsu practice so thats why i need an increase in food what would you suggest to add a bit more calories just the 10% and see how i feel or would you think adding a nice simple meal like wheat bread with peanut butter and banana is fine?

OH! Football on TOP of working out....yeah...so, not like rocket science...or radar science which is what I do by day....

Back to your first post, what you were doing before food wise wasn't enough. SO, suppose as opposed to small swings 10%, with the error in nutritional content, can always do a bigger swing....and then back off if needed. End effect is the same, zeroing in on the sweet spot!

The engineer in me says up in take by 50%. 1800 + 900 = 2700. May still be a tad short but closer to your body demands.

Given you're doing both sport practice AND weight training, likely need to adjust based on those activities. Football is combo of explosive AND endurance...so carb load + some protein before...replenish after.

HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE....1 gallon water per day....

See how that goes. THEN we should be closer. 10% up or down....as needed....whew!!