How much lean mass have you gained after becoming vegan?

Hello there! Advice needed. Due to a recent surgery, I have lost a large percentage of my lean mass. Since then I have chosen to become vegan. I'm curious to see if any of you have gained considerable lean mass after becoming vegan, or if you gained your mass before the diet change. I want to stay vegan and would prefer to not have to supplement my diet. Is this possible? Can I gain 20lbs of lean mass, within the year? Any information or advice you provide, would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, great. Do you use any dietary supplements, ie vitamins, minerals, protein, creatine? I've been doing a bit of research and it seems most sources say we need about 3 grams of creatine per day. Yet our bodys are only capable of synthesising 1 gram per day. If I've understood correctly we need to maintain this level of creatine, to keep our Adenosine Triphosphate levels up. ATP being an essential component of an athletic lifestyle. Should I invest in some creatine supplements? What works for you?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I do use creatine.

Allmax creatine is vegan and worked perfect for me: http://www.amazon.com/All-Creatine-Monohydrate-1000-Grams/dp/B001DYKCJQ

In fact, all Creapure creatine supplements are vegan if you consume it in powder form.

Protein I supplement with Soy Isolate in my post workout shakes. Some say that we don't actually need to take protein supplements, but I do just in case

Vitamins and minerals come from my food, lots of fruits and vegetables.

Hope I helped