Soy and Guten free Vegan Diet while bulking opinions

Hi everybody, this is my first topic in the forum and I would like to share my bulk diet with you.

Important is to say that this diet is soy and gluten free. After reading many studies about soy, I prefer to avoid this product becouse of his effects in men testosterone and sexual function in the long term.

My status:

Height: 175cm

Weight: 71kg

Objective: Bulk/ Gain muscle mass

Training: Hypertrofy routine 4 day per week.

All the weight of the food are raw.

MEAL 1:

-45g NitroFusion Multi-source protein

-100g Quinoa

-100g avocado

-100g spinach

MEAL 2:

-250g any fruit

-40g walnuts

-100g steamed Broccoli

MEAL 3:

-60g chickpeas

-60g Oats

-100g avocado

-100g spinach

MEAL 4:(post workout)

-200g Banane

-20g 100% raw organic Cocoa

-50g NitroFusion Multi-source Protein

-8g Creatine Monohydrate

MEAL 5:

-40g sesame seeds

-25g Basmati Rice

MEAL 6:

-130g Quinoa

-100g steamed Broccoli

-100g avocado

-20g flax seeds

Total:

Calories: 3410 kcal

Protein: 175g

CH: 400g

Fat: 133g

I also take:

-500mg Kelp

-Multivitamin

-30mg zinc

-1g Vitamic C

I accept suggestions, please do it !

Thanks a lot !

Looks pretty good. A bit heavy on the processed protein/creatine stuff for me.

Agree with what c.o. said - the soy myth debunked.

Add some color to that diet! Good greens and browns...now some reds, yellows, purples...peppers, onions, squash..esp now that its prime time summer for fresh veg (here in US, you measure in gms so maybe you're not here?).

Thanks for the replies, I dont know if I'm celiac but I don't tolerate ir very good.

Yes, I do not live un the USA, I live in Chile!

After reading lots of studies and articles about soy, the most conclued that soy can affect the hormones in men due the phytoestrogens and so.

Well is truth that soy lowers the sperm production in men you have the case of chinese people.

Why do you say the soy "myth" is debunked?

Thanks!

Need more time than I have now before work to pull out some references. From another post I shared last summer.

I have lots of books and some of the empirical evidence would be contrary to the claims put forward about soy being bad. In places like the far East where soy has been a primary food for centuries, reproduction doesn't seem to be a problem, nor any villages filled up with with men sprouting breasts.

Soy myth compatible to the protein myth. And as documented by many, the vegan myth -- that being that vegans are all thin, pasty, anemic due to lack of protein and will die due to malnutrition. LOTS of claims are based on marketing from those wanting sell us one thing or another. PLENTY of plant-based examples of athletes in all sports from bodybuilding, to NFL, to MMA and endurance runners and ultra-marathoners (Rich Roll, Brendan Brazier, etc).

So, have to run. I can cite references and studies later on. But like studies that say 'the all bacon and sticks of butter diet is good for you' or 'smoking is healthy' or ....... it's possible to select and steer statistics in a preferred direction if one is so motivated -- usually to sell crap.

One of the speakers pointed out that diary industry was quick to jump on the soy = estrogen = man boobs (note, my wife has been vegetarian for decades, consumed lots of soy and nope, no side-effect boob job emerged....haha!

The speaker pointed out that soy does NOT contain estrogen, but does contain the phyto-nutrients or underlying chemical compounds that make up estrogen....2 different things. Like saying drinking water H2O is like drinking peroxide H2O2 because they contain the same ingredients...same but totally different!

Thanks for your replie!

So yo say that the phytoestrogens that the soy contains

Are very different than the estrogens in the body? I have also read a study where a man had low testorerone levels and his dieta included los of soy. He stopped eating soy and his testosterone levels return back to normality.

This is a very conflictive theme...

There are lots of postures in the soy theme.

Can you post the references later, please? I can't fins the topic you say

Greetings,

Fit!

Will share what I got later on.

Like lots of things in life, linkages of cause-effect and diet is a complex equation. So there are most definitely cases where one thing or another has occurred and likely 'cause' could be identified (with our without much scientific study). Probably everyone knows of an example of someone who smoked like 6 packs a day and drank loads and lived to be 90 -- doesn't make either one good for you generally.

That said, I don't own a soy farm nor have anything to gain/lose from consumption or not. Plenty of people either just don't like it or choose not to have it and do just fine. haha!

So--circling back to your initial post/questions. Diet looks pretty good to me. And the spreading it out over 5-6 meals is put out as a good way to maintain good nutrient content, energy for your body's needs, and replenishment. How long have you been following it, and doing your current workout routine? How are results so far? Good power, size growth, energy?

Well, now I'm following a similar diet and I'm feeling great.The only problem is bloating... My digestive system is very delicate :/ Probably the reason is the fiber that the diet contain. My problem is that I can't reduce the fiber ingestion becouse all the vegan foods have fiber xD

My gains have been pretty good! I'm gaining almost 1kg per month. My recover is also faster compares when i usted yo eat animal foods.

Everything is positive! The only problem is bloating and it is not very pleasant hahah. Maybe you can give me some advice?

Thanks,

Fit!

Good to know overall working and feeling/recovering better!

Quick scan through your foods listed again. Any particular time you feel the bloating?

Would assume you're also drinking like a gallon of water a day?

Without knowing when the bloating feeling comes, my scan kind of targeted in on either the oats or the rice in your later meals.

One thing to keep in mind, if its overall working, just need some small changes here and there to get it good. So could do things like for a week try replacing the rice with some more quinoa or lentils/beans alternatively. See how you feel.

With the exception of the powder supplements, all the rest looks pretty clean to me.

Will think about it and get back to you later on...

Yes, I have bloating in the afternoon. You are a genius! Haha

I will trie replacing the oats for some rice or more Quinoa I also drink a lots of water during the day!!

Why did you say: "With the exception of the powder supplements, all the rest looks pretty clean to me" ? Are you contra protein supplements?

Just curious about that.

I'm waiting for your research about soy! To see if you convinces me to puta soy in my diet

Have a nice day

Fit!

Hi! Sorry...work/life getting in the way!

Not exactly anti-suppliment/powder products. I do have a big tub of pea protein, some spirulina and some sample kinds of hemp that I've yet to try from the store.

Generally, for those getting into body-building/fitness/weights, we've been marketed too since Joe Weider in the 70s/80s that to really max your performance you need to BUY products (Creatine, protein/amino acids suppliments, pre/post workout drinks both pre-made or make it yourself). Have to remember that in large part a lot of the benefit from products is marketing. Here with lots of these we get a note at the bottom saying "Results not typical."

So paid spokes people may well use the products they pitch to us, but what is left out is:

A) what shape were they in before taking the product, and

B) what else in their diet/exercise routine is also a factor.

On one hand, the products can help the beginner who knows little about good, proper nutrition, and just eats how we were raised as children or how we see our friends eat. I think that with some effort and a good support community (like veganbodybuilding.com!) one can for the most part go 'natural' and focus on getting all their nutritional needs met through plain foods. Timing and awareness of generally what you've eaten in a day, and what you need to eat post-workout to nourish your body for recovery does of course matter.

I'm not perfect. Some days depending on what leftovers from dinner are around for my lunch, what I had for breakfast, etc. can be less than optimal. SO, through some fruit, ice, veg, pea protein, chia, flax into the nutribullet and I'm good to go!

Reliance on suppliments I think is kind of weak in the long run. Better to learn your body, learn your foods....then you're good for life...pre-workout, post-workout, restaurant eating, at a friends for a party -- just looking at the foods and knowing a little about the ingredients and you can choose wisely.