Is eating max 150g of carbs/day possible?

Hi

This is my first time on this board so sorry if this question has already been asked but I'm desperate for advice!

Is it possible to limit oneself to eating below 150g of carbs a day as a strict vegan? If so, how??

Go raw vegan? Should I not worry about carbs if there all coming from whole grains, fruits, veggies and the occasional spelt bread? I love my sweets (all insulin resistant people do) but I've eliminated by white sugar and using stevia mostly.

I've been a strict vegan for 6 years but I am 40 pounds overweight and I have PCOS so I'm insulin resistant. Usually doctors treat PCOs with the Metformin drug but I don't want to go on it but despite my fitness and nutritional efforts in the past 2 months, I haven't lost a pound!

I'm now majority GF as well, and really watch my grains. My protien sources are mainly from beans, some nuts, little soy, and Protein Powder. I use My Fitness Pal to track my food and according to that I should be eating a max of 150g of carbs/day. I'm eating net calories of 1400-1500 and my average carb amount is about 260g.

I'm trying hard not to use Metformin due to insulin resistance but I'm seriously caving in.

Is it my workouts? Is it my carb consumption? Should I lower it to below 150g (which I find impossible as a vegan)?

I stopped lifting heavy weights for strength training because I got tired of it and instead I do Jillian Michael Body Shred in the gym and on video 3 times a week with resistance bands. Should I switch back to free weights instead? Should I quite walking and cycling and instead just jog? Should I be working out 6 days a week instead of 5?

I'm happy to clarify if needed but I'd appreciate some advice from you fitness body building pros!

Thank you and glad I found this forum.

Hey

1. Eating less than 150g/ day should be fairly easy, but that's just a number and you should adapt it to how you feel, you might need a more, or less. If you eat plenty of vegs, tofu, unsweetened soy/almond milk, and up fats, oil and nuts a bit, you can add a couple of pieces of fruits a day, a piece of bread, and still be between 100-150g/day.

2. Free weights are the best way to build muscles, but if you're tired of it, do as you wish and just focus on keeping things fun. challenging, and interesting. Best way you'll stick to your plan :P

3. Same for cardio, I prefer running to cycling, but too each his own. You can try to mix things up to avoid injuries and again keep it fun and varied.

4. If you can handle it, try 6 days of training but that can be quite demanding and overwhelming.

5 days is better, in my opinion. Less tiring, more time to recover, more time for family, friends, etc

If you're goal is too lose weight, give priority to cardio, but leave room for strenght training.

So for instance in a week:

day 1: full body weight lifting

day 2: cycling

day 3: rest

day 4: circuit workout

day 5: running

day 6 : circuit workout

day 7: rest

or:

day 1: circuit workout or weights

day 2: cycling

day 3: rest