calories

mike v

how do i consume enough calories without consuming too many high fat foods like nut butters and avocados? i was training quite seriously over the summer but i got so confused and frustrated that i stopped but i want to get it straight and get back to it. i've always struggled with my weight and even on a plant based diet i tend to yo yo and i have a belly and love handles. i was using the my fitness pal calorie tracker and it told me i can have 2280 calories a day. i usually only broke between 1600-1900. my bike ride to work alone would burn around 800 calories according to the app and then whatever i did in the gym that day and my bike ride home and the app told me i wasn't consuming enough calories. it said if i dont have at least 1200 calories left over after all of my training my body will go into starvation mode and hang on to fat. the problem is that i already felt like i was over eating and also i love peanut butter, guacamole, pasta, potatoes, bread and whatnot... basically things full of fat and carbs. so my question is how do i consume 3000-3200 calories a day without consuming high fat and carb foods?