BULK VEGAN DIET 200G PROTEIN

what do you guys think of this ?

100g oats, 500mg lysine, 200g alpro soy yogurt, 200ml vegan milk, honey, juice (wheat grass, pineapple, grape seed extract)

4xwholemeal slices, 100g peanut butter, 400ml water (or protien shake)

protein bar, protein shake(hemp+glutamine), fruit

wholemeal tortillas, 160g refreied beans, half avocado, 400ml water

75g humus, tortilla chips, fruit, 400ml water

protein shake (tsp wheat grass, 10g broccoli powder, 30g pea+ rice, 5g glutamine)

50g lentils, 100g quinoa, 100g broccoli, nutritional yeast, hemp protein, fruit, 400ml water

pre-workout: strong organic coffee

intra-workout: clean machine BCAAs, organic fruit juice

FATS 116.6 CARBS 500.1 PROTEIN 200 KCAL 3334

http://vegan-bodybuilding-venture.tumblr.com/

Edited by jacklebodybuilder

i thought it had lots . my primary objective is to bulk, that's what i spend the majority of my budget on. i add broccoli powder and or wheat grass powder to all my protein shakes. And if i have surplus money i will make some vegetable juice, particularly beetroot juice. Hmmm, maybe ill buy some organic cucumber for the tortillas. And the vegan milk, humus, oats, quinoa, lentils and broccoli are all organic, i should have put that.

Personally I'd increase fats & decrease carbs. I would get fat as hell on that many carbs! Doesn't make any difference is the food is organic or not in my opinion.

How big are you currently? How many calories do you need for maintenance? If you want to add mass without packing on too much bodyfat you don't really want to go more than 10% over the maintenance amount.

Personally I'd increase fats & decrease carbs. I would get fat as hell on that many carbs! Doesn't make any difference is the food is organic or not in my opinion.

How big are you currently? How many calories do you need for maintenance? If you want to add mass without packing on too much bodyfat you don't really want to go more than 10% over the maintenance amount.

i'm 163 pounds, but I find it really hard to make any significant gain in weight. Taking in mind what you both said I altered it to this.

100g oats, 200g alpro soy yogurt, 200ml vegan milk, honey, juice (wheat grass, pineapple, grape seed extract)

4xwholemeal slices, 100g peanut butter, 400ml water (or protien shake)

210g tofu, 420g stir fry vegetables

Good 4 U Lentil & Bean sprouts, 400ml water

trek protein bar, protein shake (tsp wheat grass, 10g broccoli powder, 30g pea+ rice, 5g glutamine)

50g lentils, 100g quinoa, 100g broccoli, nutritional yeast, hemp protein, kale and broccoli juice

pre-workout: strong organic coffee

intra-workout: clean machine BCAAs, organic fruit juice

FATS 108 CARBS 349 PROTEIN 198

i have only been eating like this for a couple of weeks now. what i meant was that previously eating moderate amounts i hadn't put on weight, so now im going all in.

my exercise routine is

back, bis

chest, tris and abs

HIIT- 100m sprints interspersed with a 100m jog and 30 seconds skipping (as many times as i can manage)

shoulders, traps

legs, calves

rest

rest

Ah OK that makes sense now! Personally I don't think you'll need to eat that much to add mass given what you currently weigh, but just give it a try & see how it goes - if you find that you're adding to much bodyfat just drop the calories slightly.

How long have you been training? The 4 day split you've got there is best suited to advanced bodybuilders & people using steroids. Have you tried doing a full-body routine?

Basically split routines were popularised back in the 70s when pro bodybuilders started using them - this was also about the time that heavy steroid use become much more common. The theory is that by taking steroids & then training a bodypart once per week you can totally smash it into oblivion with a huge amount of volume (that would most likely cause injury otherwise) and then give the muscle fibres a full 7 days to repair & grow. If you're training naturally (i.e. with chemical assistance) firstly you can't get away with the same amount of volume per session & secondly your window for growth is much lower - around 48 hours rather than 1 week. This isn't an exact science & I'm sure there are natural folks who do well on a split routine (usually people who are experienced trainers with many years behind them), but personally I think full-body is better.

Bear in mind that if you're a relatively novice gym-goer then pretty much any routine will work for a few months - the shock of any type of resistance training will cause you to grow. However as time goes on you need to be more sure that you're using a routine that works for you & your goals.

Currently I use a full-body routine 3 times per week. My basic pattern is simply just Squats-Weighted dips-Weighted pull-ups & I train Mon-Wed-Friday. I vary which exercise goes 1st/2nd/3rd & vary the set/rep patterns (anything from 3x6 to 3x12) but that's pretty much it really; extremely basic as you can see! I throw in some other crap if time allows like prowler, ball slams, gymnastic rings. 2/3 times per week on non-gym days I spend 30 mins throwing a kettlebell around in the garden for conditioning purposes - usually just high-rep swings & snatches to get the blood pumping.

Ha no plans to compete at bb-ing or anything else! I just work out to keep in reasonable shape as I get older - I'm 36 & it's at about this age that all my older male relatives have gotten fat. Part of it also is showing that you can be strong on a vegan diet. I used to get loads of sh*t from friends & colleagues about my diet, but I don't get any now I'm bigger than all of them. I don't have any pics I'm afraid; I'm 6ft 0" tall & I reckon I weigh about 210lb; don't know what my bodyfat is but abs are just about visible under strong lighting!!).

I don't eat huge amounts as I'm not looking to get huge (I did get up to 235lb a few years back but just felt too unfit). I don't measure calories or macros much, but I reckon I get about 180-200g protein per day. I keep carbs fairly low apart from gym days where I eat more.

ahh okay, that's cool. iv been a endurance runner for ages, but now my ultimate goal is to compete in a natural bodybuilding comp by 2016. so for the next 8 months or so i don't really mind getting a bit fat aslong as i gain muscles with it, and i look forward to the challenge of cutting later. I agree its really satisfying to be a walking example of a healthy strong vegan, even more so for me if im realllllllllyyyyy muscly and can completely defy the stereotype