Fats

Imo it is advisable to separate fats and carbs, they digest on a different medium, moreover there are no natural foodstuffs that are high in both fat and carbs. I've personally been doing much better on a high fat, medium protein, low carb diet, and then one day a week i go high carb, medium protein, low fat to replenish glycogen stores.

Imo it is advisable to separate fats and carbs, they digest on a different medium, moreover there are no natural foodstuffs that are high in both fat and carbs. I've personally been doing much better on a high fat, medium protein, low carb diet, and then one day a week i go high carb, medium protein, low fat to replenish glycogen stores.

my thoughts are the same, if you fats with carbs and protein.. the carbs and protein digest quicker than fat, so with the fat slowing down digestion of the protein and carbs the more these foods will ferment and do more damage than good.

I think it is better to take fats as well as carbohydrates and protein. Because, all of the constituents are required for our body. Not only fat, but also other nutrients help you to digest your food.[/quot

A high carb grain base diet for me caused nothing but digestion issues, since switching to high fat/medium protein and low carb diet (with one carb loading, low fat day per week), I've noted better digestion and improved health makers. Moreover, my energy levels are far greater being fat adapted.

I think it is better to take fats as well as carbohydrates and protein. Because, all of the constituents are required for our body. Not only fat, but also other nutrients help you to digest your food.

i know its important to take fats in everyday, what i meant is if you eat fats at the same time as protein and carbs it can slow down digestion which means the protein/carbs can easily ferment in your gut, just my opinion..

guess it could work different for everyone.

A high carb grain base diet for me caused nothing but digestion issues, since switching to high fat/medium protein and low carb diet (with one carb loading, low fat day per week), I've noted better digestion and improved health makers. Moreover, my energy levels are far greater being fat adapted.

I completely agree with you, grains make me GI tract problem..sometimes it is too many fiber can be problem..I wanna follow to more fat in my diet but it itsn't so easy. Fats are better source of energy than carbs. Mike Mahler is on the high fat vegan diet. What's your advice Rob? What about macronutrients? How much grams of fat per day do you eat? Fat slows digestion..but I know people with high metabolism on high fat diet. Is it possible on vegan diet?

What I do is blend 50g of flax seeds in a coffee grinder until they turn into a soft powder; then add 4-6 ripe bananas to a plastic beaker, then add the flax seed powder from the grinder, then I blend them with a hand blender until the bananas and flax seed powder is mixed well, then I add about a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and then move the hand blender up and down until the cinnamon powder is mixed well. Sometimes I will add some orange juice with the cinnamon. -- This shake will spike your sex drive.

I don't consume any oils; just whole food plant fats. Avocados I always consume alone with juice from a lemon since I find that the lemon increases the absorption of the Iron in the avocado.

Hemp seeds I always consume them alone and chew them very well. This is the only way for me to see the benefits from consuming hemp seeds.

My conclusion is that if everything is blended; then everything will digest fine.