Raw-vegan Youtube CH attacked by Eating disorder group

This should worry us as to what may happen in the future.

(here's some words transcribed from my video)

(cue the music) "Seems like things are gettin' so bad

That you can smell it

Yeah, so open those eyes and get the real picture

It's time to tell it

I wanna talk, baby

I wanna say something"

(Music fades)

Seems like a lot of people wanna say something. This attack on a vegan youtube channel happened in April. I just found out.

Youtube suspended TannyRaw following complaints, apparently from "Moms against Eating Disorders". MAED wants youtubers to post a disclaimer that we are not health professionals. I AM.

Her channel came back fast, meaning youtube found the complaints didn't violate any rules.(or laws)

(from an article) [i'm in brackets]: "This sparked a social media dust-up [ie facebook shit-fight] about responsibility and blame [yep, there's always someone you can blame], regarding young susceptible women and people spouting[hyperbole alert]." [Would you say there's sexism there? Also, MAED is going after 2 people that are female: Tanny and Freelee. Why don't they go after ME. I feel I'm being discriminated against. What about Dan McDonald, Michael Arnstein....they're pretty skinny.

MAED said Tanny "counceled" someone(in the YT comments) to refuse treatment for her ED. I agree that anorexia is a mental disorder, and they should get mental treatment.

But I wanna discuss some bad things MAED said.

* First off, one MAED found Tanny's last name and used it on the net. And they sent screen shots of her internet activities to HER BOSS!

* They equated Tanny's fans to a........yep...a cult, using half-ass examples. ...just like the way vegans are treated. It is bigotry... article: "fans made their own videos defending her honor"

[what a bunch of psychos....what possesses people to do that??????? This reminds me of how some malign black people for getting angry for things like taking away their right to vote.

meanwhile on youtube....

One mother "Sue" says "13% are susceptible to this biological disorder brought on by restricting diets..."

Not always. But my point is: the high-fruit and grain raw-vegan diet is not a diet. It's the natural way to eat.

more to come...

Continuing the story answers that question.

Sir Arthur Keith(anthropologist / anatomist): "Chimpanzees and gorillas have the same digestive mechanisms as Man. That is the evidence of compared anatomy in favour of a diet of fruit and vegetables." (= Low fat)

From "The Natural Diet of Man" By John Harvey Kellogg

"There is no longer room for doubt. Nature knows, but man has long closed his ears to nature's infinitely wise guidance....Zoologists divide animals into classes based upon structure. (and diet within a class ends up very similar. Ex: horses and donkeys eat similar diets.)

Humans are structurally similar to primates. What do primates eat? fruit, greens and nuts. When I visited the London Zoo I asked "Do you give your monkeys meat?"

The keeper said "No...meat is not good for monkeys and apes. It's not their natural diet."

Hey NWV,

Interesting view....

My reading of research has brought me to another conclusion...

It is a physiological fact that we are omnivores, we have evolved the ability to derive nutrients from both many plants and animals. Moreover, gorilla's and apes have large stomach's and small brains relative to their size, this was the evolutionary gamble our species took, bigger brains and smaller stomachs resulted in a higher probability of child birth death. But of course it's a gamble that paid off:)

The experiment at the beginning of this doc show's why a raw food vegan diet is not our natural diet, it also show's how our teeth evolved to better chew meat and fat. (Fat and meat being the preferred source of fuel for most hunter gatherers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOuv4U7u1j0

And then there's the environment, my natural environment here in the Northern Ireland/UK does not produce large quantities of fruit in the winter or spring, for me to eat large amounts of fruit in those season's they would need to be imported from half way across the world (hardly what you'd call natural) and when it comes to grains (which are processed), they make me and million's of others sick, probably because they contain digestive system disturbing agents. There again, grains were never a staple in the diet until 10,000 years ago, which on an evolutionary scale, is the blink of an eye.

I respect peoples reasons for not consuming meat or animal by-products, whether it be for moral or religious , but to suggest a that a high fruit and grain raw food diet is our "natural" way to eat is just complete and utter nonsense. That is the view of individual that has long closed the ears AND eyes to "nature's infinitely wise guidance", as well as logic and reason.

Rob

Strange seeing a vegan buying these paleo half-truths...and in 2014. Here's the other half

we have evolved the ability to derive nutrients from both many plants and animals.

So can cows. But they're herbivores.

Moreover, gorilla's and apes have large stomach's and small brains relative to their size

Our stomachs shrink when we eat smaller condensed foods like meat. 80/10/10rs have stretched them back out, allowing them to eat 12 bananas at a sitting.

Brain size isn't the major factor; it's how the neurons connect.

... our teeth evolved to better chew meat and fat.

http://cleanyourlymph.ng/image/data/Information%20Pages/fruigivores-and-more.jpg

Fat and meat being the preferred source of fuel for most hunter gatherers

preferred for them if they're not in the tropics, because that's all they can get. But it's not preferred to the body's physiology.

(In Ireland, Fruit) would need to be imported from half way across the world (hardly what you'd call natural)

Do you live in a house there in Ireland? Heater? That's cause living in Ireland isn't natural.

If that's your best defense against fruit. ....well, like they say in the HCLF community - Fruit for the win!

And if your best defense of your claims is quoting an anthropologist and zoo keeper (neither of which are experts in the field human nutrition - nor are chiropractor's for that matter) you are going to have a hard time convincing eating disorder groups that a raw food high fruit and grain based diet is the natural with for us to eat.

Cows - ah yes, another mammal with in this case 4 stomachs and a small brain relative to its mass. Btw how do you get through so much fruit in a day or one sitting? Put it in a blender and wizz it up?

The tooth chart is irrelevant, not to mention wrong and ignorant to the facts, its well established we are omnivores. When comparing the teeth of OUR species from one evolutionary time frame to the next, its clear to see our teeth and bodies became better adapted for eating and processing meat. (As the doc i posted proves). Btw, there's not too many dentists out there that will recommend consuming huge quantities of fructose...nor many nutritionists for that matter.

How is living in the UK unnatural? Yes i live in a house, yes i have heating, shelter and warmth are basic needs, just as is food, point is, a natural diet would have you eat locally produced in-season fruits and vegetables, not ones shipped or flown half way across the world.

As far as buying into paleo half truths are concerned, my view of that is that it is romantic marketing at best...but what bugs me more about the paleo movement, is that its pushed by more individuals who AGAIN are speaking outside of their field of expertise, causing all sorts of confusion. I value truth, regardless of whether of not it goes against my moral eating views, and the evidence tells me that a high fruit / grain based diet is most certainly not the "natural" way for homo sapiens to eat.

Rob

You sound like the typical faileo dieter with your assumptions that come back to debunk you.

I have NO CHANCE of convincing them (you U even read, brah?) They were just as biased against vegaism as you are.

...and we begin....

Btw how do you get through so much fruit in a day or one sitting? Put it in a blender and wizz it up?

No. 148 videos, 20 years no blender. Watch me eat thru a day:

The tooth chart is irrelevant

a-ha

How is living in the UK unnatural? Yes i live in a house

I didn't think you'd get that one.

evidence tells me that a high fruit.... diet is most certainly not the "natural" way for homo sapiens to eat.

Tell it to the Africans, Sri-lankans, ancient Egyptions, Aztecs, etc

With my diet, I can eat off the land without any tools. You can't.

Gary High-Fruit

Ah, so you pick and choose what you answer, and when you cant answer you go down the personal insults route or little non-nonsensical jibs. Well, if you want to go down that road...am no "failo dieter", nor do i look like malnourished twig!

I've nothing against vegan's at all, as i stated, i was one for a year... am just not ignorant to ALL of the evolutionary facts...

"Tell it to the Africans, Sri Lankans, ancient Egyptions, Aztecs, etc"

The meta analysis of the 220 studies on modern day hunter gatherer societies showed their diets on average rarely exceed 25-40% carbohydrate intake.

Btw, if you actually watch the video i posted you'll see modern day hunter gatherers in Africa hunting for meat, moreover, Egypt, Iraq and India have seen an explosion in type diabetes in recent years (with favor grain based diets).

So i watched your video, you seemed to spend most of your day eating (something our species never evolved to do), but i guess that's something you've got to do when eating less calorie and nutrient dense raw foodstuffs.

"I can eat off the land without any tools" In civilizations, there is no clean running water or food without technology.....none.

Am done with this nonsense.

Edited by HIT Rob

...conclusion:

Restricting diet? That's a subjective mindset, she's not being scientific, she's not a scientist, she's a mother....who's....probably fat; we don't know; we don't have a picture of her.

The raw-vegan diet isn't about weight loss, but I see why people would be confused, as the community focuses on weight loss: we're not getting people into an anorexic mindset; some people coming in are ALREADY IN that mindset.

We teach that you don't have to battle food, while the mainstream teaches "don't eat too much". Animals don't worry about that.

One mother posted a study of Fruitarianism being dangerous (it's not, and the study was hilarious --- funny video coming soon). She doesn't know nothin about it.

So I can see that they're not just against Tanny's counseling; they're against......veganism. It always comes back to that.

(highlights from the last 10 minutes)

They say people teaching THIS DIET aren't professionals. Here's some that support it:

Edward Taub MD,

Dr. Gordon Latto

Sir Arthur Keith

Paleontologist H.M. Ami

John Harvey Kellogg

William S. Collens

Gerald B. Dobkens

Dr. Wayne Dyer

Emanuel Viscusi, MD

Kay Lawrence MD

Chris Califano

And by professional, do they mean.....mainstream?....excepted my society? = inDOCTrinated? There's bigotry. Society doesn't except us, so shut up; move to the back of the bus......sound familiar? It's the same thing.

Sure, there's people who go raw-vegan just to get reeeaaaly thin.....well those are the anerexics!!!

(From post on Google+) "ED is a mental illness. And one mother said she had an ED. So are they mental."

"it's sad......I hope they get some fruit in them and cheer up"

Hey NWV,

Interesting view....

My reading of research has brought me to another conclusion...

What you say isn't your conclusion. Just another written veil to keep you living comfortably.

It is a physiological fact that we are omnivores

All animals are omnivores for survival purposes however what you just said is pure flat earth mentality thinking.

we have evolved the ability to derive nutrients from both many plants and animals.

Yes however the intake of animal products doesn't play well with our biological domestication/inactivity.

Moreover, gorilla's and apes have large stomach's and small brains relative to their size, this was the evolutionary gamble our species took, bigger brains and smaller stomachs resulted in a higher probability of child birth death. But of course it's a gamble that paid off:)

Nice assumptions. If meat and/or fish increases cranial size; why do big cats still have small 350cc cranials?

What led to our big brains in the first place to create the tools?

The experiment at the beginning of this doc show's why a raw food vegan diet is not our natural diet, it also show's how our teeth evolved to better chew meat and fat. (Fat and meat being the preferred source of fuel for most hunter gatherers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOuv4U7u1j0

It is true that we prefer fat as fuel however whole plant non-oxidized fats are superior when consumed in a non-polluted environment.

And then there's the environment, my natural environment here in the Northern Ireland/UK does not produce large quantities of fruit in the winter or spring, for me to eat large amounts of fruit in those season's they would need to be imported from half way across the world (hardly what you'd call natural) and when it comes to grains (which are processed), they make me and million's of others sick, probably because they contain digestive system disturbing agents. There again, grains were never a staple in the diet until 10,000 years ago, which on an evolutionary scale, is the blink of an eye.

This is true for you and Irish have the smallest cranials of those who live in the north hemisphere. Therefore, those living in those areas aren't a good example of positive evolution growth.

I respect peoples reasons for not consuming meat or animal by-products, whether it be for moral or religious , but to suggest a that a high fruit and grain raw food diet is our "natural" way to eat is just complete and utter nonsense. That is the view of individual that has long closed the ears AND eyes to "nature's infinitely wise guidance", as well as logic and reason.

Rob

I agree with everything until the end where you think your previous regurgitation of delusion scientists is even logical.

This whole thread is full of nonsense from both of you.

Not assumptions, facts...

How do i explain big cats? They don't have huge stomach's, moreover they don't cook their meat....which also has a lot to do with stomach and brain size:)

It is a physiology fact the humans are omnivores, there's nothing flat earth thinking about it...

"All animals are omnivorous" First i heard of it lol, IF an animal is forced out of desperation to eat a certain foodstuff that may make them sick, their certainly not going to be a staple of them. Which is kind of whats happened with humans and grains....

It is true humans prefer fat for fuel, however nothing, am not saying don't eat fruits and vegetables

Even small brained animals use tools...

Btw, am not Irish, i live in Northern Ireland, I'm British with Dutch ancestors:)

Rob

Not assumptions, facts...

How do i explain big cats? They don't have huge stomach's, moreover they don't cook their meat.... which also has a lot to do with stomach and brain size:)

A smiley face at the end of your sentence isn't going to convience me of the regurgitated nonsense that doesn't line up with the neuroscience.

You sure? http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/c3/f1/ee/lake-nakuru.jpg

The bold part is pure speculation unless you have real biochemistry evidence to indicate what you're saying.

It is a physiology fact the humans are omnivores, there's nothing flat earth thinking about it...

Sure; it is a blind fact to those who don't know how humans produce their own B12 with bacteria to raise blood levels of B12.

"All animals are omnivorous" First i heard of it lol, IF an animal is forced out of desperation to eat a certain foodstuff that may make them sick, their certainly not going to be a staple of them. Which is kind of whats happened with humans and grains....

Its called survival: http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/03/07/us-india-cow-idUSSP25712220070307

Grains contain opioids. We know how easily humans become addicted to harmful neuroactive stimulants. Alcohol, tobacco, etc..

It is true humans prefer fat for fuel, however nothing, am not saying don't eat fruits and vegetables

Raw nuts and fatty seeds contain more calories than meat.

Even small brained animals use tools...

Which ones?

Btw, am not Irish, i live in Northern Ireland, I'm British with Dutch ancestors:)

I never said nor speculated you were Irish.

yes am sure:)

http://m2.wish.co.uk/v4/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/i/bigcats.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROzfcXbCW1n6JnVLXLc_za7x-G10VnuNMGhzBUhsMPwqzKA43b

Speculation? Yes and No, if your interested watch the video i posted and give me your opinion...we are the only species that cooks are food, and we are also the smartest species on the plant, the doc show's how our brains had a growth spurt around the time we began cooking. That being said, I've have no doubt there are other factors that contributed to are larger brains (as mentioned in the doc), however i am convinced cooking had a lot to do with it.

Animals that use tools...Crows, sea otters, rodents, to name but a few....

Here again, i never said don't eat nuts and fatty seeds....by all means, their good foods...

Are you suggesting Rob has multiple personalities? He does seem like a vegan possessed by Dr. Atkins vengeful spirit.

First came intelligence

Then the ability and curiosity to cook

Then came so much disease..... disease that goes away by eating Raw.

I think I get the "Flat earth" reference: Rob continues to believe a falsehood though the truth has been clearly shown.

Human body prefers fat for fuel????? Tell that to Low-carb athlete Timothy Olson who eats carbs during races.

Gary High-Fruit (150 videos)

Are you suggesting Rob has multiple personalities? He does seem like a vegan possessed by Dr. Atkins vengeful spirit.

First came intelligence

Then the ability and curiosity to cook

Then came so much disease..... disease that goes away by eating Raw.

I think I get the "Flat earth" reference: Rob continues to believe a falsehood though the truth has been clearly shown.

Human body prefers fat for fuel????? Tell that to Low-carb athlete Timothy Olson who eats carbs during races.

Gary High-Fruit (150 videos)

Gary, you are aware am not advocating anyone here should eat meat aren't you? I'm merely pointing out (based on the evidence) that eating meat and cooking may well have play a large role in making us what we are today. This is something that even as a none meat eater i have no issues with. You clea

And am hardy an Atkins diet promoter, i've not eaten meat in over a decade....

Are you really suggesting that cooking food is the sole reason for what has lead to the metabolic syndrome that sweeps are nation's today? If so, NONE of the doctors or nutritionists that work in the same hospital as me would agree with you. Neither does the British heart and stroke foundation, nor the British cancer association.

Btw, had it not have been for a high fat diet, we my never have made it as a species, it also is the preferred source of fuel for most of the hunter gatherer societies that still exist today. Fat at keeps us fueled for longer (which stands to reason from a survival point of view) and it plays many important roles within the body. In my own experience over the last several months, I've found this to be true, since increasing my fat intake and lowering my carb intake, my irregular heart beat has improved, as has my joint and lower back health. I require only 2-3 feeding's a day, as opposed to the 5-6 feeding a day i required on a high carb diet, and my bodyfat has dropped by 6%.

Rob

No, I'm saying cooking didn't come 1st. Cooking led to eating the wrong foods that can only be eaten after cooking.

People that left humans indigenous environ had to eat un-naturally. You're warping that to make high-fat look like a savior, when if you stayed in the tropics, we'd survive AND be healthy.

China, Sri Lanka, horses, monkeys, etc never at a high-fat diet, and they're still here.

Are you really suggesting that cooking food is the sole reason for what has lead to the metabolic syndrome that sweeps are nation's today? If so, NONE of the doctors or nutritionists that work in the same hospital as me would agree with you. Neither does the British heart and stroke foundation, nor the British cancer association.

Btw, had it not have been for a high fat diet, we my never have made it as a species, it also is the preferred source of fuel for most of the hunter gatherer societies that still exist today. Fat at keeps us fueled for longer (which stands to reason from a survival point of view) and it plays many important roles within the body. In my own experience over the last several months, I've found this to be true, since increasing my fat intake and lowering my carb intake, my irregular heart beat has improved, as has my joint and lower back health. I require only 2-3 feeding's a day, as opposed to the 5-6 feeding a day i required on a high carb diet, and my bodyfat has dropped by 6%.

Rob

Holy crap, hang in there, Rob. You're fighting the good fight.

Gary, you are aware am not advocating anyone here should eat meat aren't you? I'm merely pointing out (based on the evidence) that eating meat and cooking may well have play a large role in making us what we are today. This is something that even as a none meat eater i have no issues with. You clea

And am hardy an Atkins diet promoter, i've not eaten meat in over a decade....

Rob

1. Doctors and nutritionists ARE NOT biochemists.

2. Not all fats are the same. Fatty acids in seed oils are exposed to oxygen during manufacturing which leads to the production of lipid peroxides(also known as lipid radicals). Lipid peroxides are one of the major sources that cause modern day diseases. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipid_peroxidation (I know you don't mean oils but its good to distinguish the different types of fat sources).

My observation on cranial evolution. Copied and pasted from an old thread.

=================================================

You’ll have to read this.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin

And this… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotrophin

To understand this… http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15044028

Vitamin K and the Nervous System: An Overview of its Actions

http://advances.nutrition.org/content/3/2/204.long

The neuroscience seems to indicate that high intake of leafy greens mainly for Vitamin A/K and nuts/oily seeds for the non-oxidized Omega 6 fatty acids are required in high amounts with sufficient serotonin to produce enough series 2 prostaglandins, which are required to increase neurotrophin levels, which eventually increase the number of neurons.

I haven't seen any research which indicates that Omega 3 fatty acids increase neurotrophin levels by themselves; they seem to work in conjunction of the Omega 6's.

————————————————————————

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10509750

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2544927

Prostaglandins are required to remodel the skull and the series 2 prostaglandins (made from Omega 6) are more effective at bone resorption/remodeling than the series 3 prostaglandins (made from Omega 3).

————————————————————————-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18348265

Vitamin D3 inhibits the production of series 2 prostaglandins. Those living further away from the equator have bigger skulls because they have lower levels of Vitamin D3 compared to those living closer to the equator. Less Vitamin D, less inhibition on neurogenesis however skull bone will not form without sufficient Vitamin D.

—————————————————————————

I don’t doubt we ate animals for survival purposes but animal fat is very low in Omega 6 fatty acids unless animals are force fed nuts and seeds high in omega 6 fatty acids. Plus if meat increased cranial size; big cats wouldn't have small 350cc cranials.

=============================================================================

• 1 year later...