macros for losing weight?

kathymtns

Oh, I understand what you're trying to say, but you're just stepping on your own toes. You're too caught up in trying to spread your own message that you've lost track of subject matter in this thread. Don't be one of those vegans. What works for you CERTAINLY doesn't work for me, and quite likely not for the OP either.

Not "trying" to say anything, am stating a fact...

Again, I am fully aware of the topic at hand, and the point I made was valid, ie that the body will not utilised what it does not NEED. It was discovered a long time ago by reputable nutritional scientists that protein requirements are not based on activity, but bodyweight, yes a 200lb bodybuilder requires as much protein as a 200lb secretary, of course, i understand that this concept goes right over the head of most bodybuilders....

Protein consumption has been grossly over emphasised within the culture purely for marketing reasons. In my experience, when people arent making progress for a period of years, Its almost always because they arent properly stimulating growth or overtraining...not because a of lack of brotein. Hell, it was even discovered that muscle can be increased on a near starvation diet as long as a proper stimulu and recovery period is employed. That makes sense, given that its only went the first requisite (the stimulus) has been employed does the second requisite (nutrition) come into play.

HIT pioneer Dr Darden has been advocating a low protein diet for over 4 decades to thousands upon thousands of clients with great success, some of his studies (some of which were fairly long term) are on record as being some of the highest rates of fat loss with lean tissue retention and gain.

Edited by HIT Rob

Protein consumption has been grossly over emphasised within the culture purely for marketing reasons.

I agree with that. However, I also have to squash the BS "belief" that as vegan, you can get all the protein you need with beans, lentils, etc...accept 80/10/10 to 60/20/20 split and fully achieve complete nutrition for resistance training. As I was saying earlier, that may be true for some people, but it DEFINITELY doesn't work for me...I had four years of complete stagnation, then a complete reversal by consuming what some here would regard as "over consumption" of protein. These low protein and low fat macro splits likely have more risk than benefit, in my experience.

In my experience, then people arent making progress for a period of years, Its almost always because they arent properly stimulating growth or overtraining (let me guess, theres no such thing as overtraining).

I'm not going to debate overtraining in this thread...maybe in another one! I maintain a systematic, written log that supports that my body can handle more training and calories that I've currently been throwing at it...