How do you eat 4000-5000 kcal?

ChaserHUN

I'm really skinny, and want to pack on some mass. But I feel hard to eat this much calories.

If I have 5-6 meals a day, even with the most delicious foods after about 600kcal I get bored of it, and have to sutff it down my throat :S

So how do you guys eat this much calories?

This can be hard thing to accomplish for a lot of people but I would say the best method if to combine highly calorie dense foods into a smoothie. Things that might go well together are dates, almonds, cashews, hemp seeds, alongside some juice or water perhaps. For perspective 1lb of cashews contains over 2500kcal and every deglet noor date has about 25 kcal (deglet noor dates are pretty small). So combining large quantities of these into some pre and post workout smoothies could help get you to your kcal fairly easily

low fat, 4000-5000 kcal is going to be really tough! Generally speaking, when someone needs that type of caloric intake, high density foods need to be brought in.

I tend to wonder if you really need that much food...are you actually weighing your food and tracking your calories? A lot of the skinny guys I know who claim to eat a lot may eat a lot for one or two meals, but then they skip breakfast and don't have any snacks in between, resulting in relatively low daily intake.

Now I'm 183cm tall and 67kg, I'm pretty skinny. In the summer I had surgery so I went down to 63kg, but came back up to 67kg.

I eat in between 2000-2500kcal on an avarage day. 2 years ago when I did bodyweight training regulary and stuffed down 3000kcal or more a day I went to 70kg. But I want to go up to 80kg, with mostly muscle of course.

A 3000kcal diet usually was this for me:

Breakfast: 1000kcal of oatmeal, or cornmeal or 10 banana green smoothie.

Lunch: Usually grains with steamed veggies, etc. 1000kcal

Dinner: Usually beans or lentils with some veggies around 1000kcal

Some fruits in between as snacks, and a handful of nuts and seeds afterwards

Could go to 4000 with 5-5 bananas more in between snakcs, but I'm really on a budget and can't afford it. Also somehow my appetite isn't that good lately, I get bored with the most delicious food to easily, and after that I feel I'm just stuffing myself.

I coul go up to 20-25% of fats per day, but I don't like to mix high carb foods with high fat, and somehow it's not that good to eat even 600kcal for example from some nuts or seeds :S

You need to do it slowly. You can't just start downing 4000 calories if you are use to 2500 calories. Your body won't be able to process it and it will just end up in the colon waiting to be exported out.

I find eating every 2-3 hours to be most helpful. There is no mind set of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. It is meal 8 AM, 11 AM, 3 PM, 6 PM, and 9 PM for me.

Also just wanted to mention the low fat. Make sure it is no fat. You will need the long chain fatty acids to be building blocks for your body to make testosterone/hormones/cholesterol. I have seeds, avocados, and wheat germ oil (due to the high squalene content) to get my oils in.

• 3 months later...

When I ate up around the 4000cal range it was just about consistency and discomfort. I think you have to realize its going to be too much food and its not going to be fun. I never wanted to eat that extra 1000cal but I did. I would eat a normal meal, be full. Then start a second meal. If you are really diligent about eating all day I think it would make it easier but I don't know who has a lifestyle where they can eat every few hours, I am way to busy. Aside from that take advantage of smoothies. If you are really against fat fine, but then focus on liquid calories as much as possible. The fat does make it much easier as everyone here has mentioned.

I am not against fat, but if I go above a specific amount, I feel sluggish, and have lot of mucus in my nose etc. I feel lot better on a high carb diet. Would love to achieve a physique like Avi Leyhani, and his profile says fats are only 15%/ of his diet and he has that "man of steel" kind of physique. I know probably one has to have the genetics for that too....but is it really nescesarry to eat 4-5 thousand kcals a day to achieve that? If I go above 3000kcal I feel discomfort and feel my digestive system is just massively overloaded, even after 2-3 weeks I didn't feel I can get used to it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Good question. To tell you the truth, I've never seen a single chubby Italian yet, if that's what you mean. How they do it I don't know, but I also decided to try this Italian diet and started ordering italian food online. It was probably my best decision because it's really different in quality from what I used to buy here in the UK. I advise you to try it.

• 2 months later...