Protein Powder, Bloating and Gas

I've tried a few vegan protein powders and they make me so gassy by the evening. I've tried blending with Almond Milk or water and doesn't make a difference. I'm talking about some methane gas here, pretty bad.

I tried Garden of Life and Vega.

I've been getting most of my protein from nuts but my fats come out too high.

Anyone else have these issues or know of a protein powder easier to digest?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

You should keep in mind that lots of vegan protein powders can have legumes or nuts/seeds, these are broken down in the intestinal flora and not by HA of the stomach. This is exactly why beans give you gas. So pea proteins, Mesquite flavors, Carob, etc... Have a gas effect. Also some of you may be sweetening with Honey, this also can cause gas and too much a laxative. Often times the sprouted raw rice proteins do not cause this, however many do not like the chalky constancy. Also, be careful with the spirulina and sun chlorella's because they have a high concentration of phosphates and there rough on the kidneys. But you can get away with some and i notice they do not cause that problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Which vegan protein is the best to use?

I currently purchase from 'My Protein' as I live in the UK and they deliver fast and offer a wide range of protein powders.

I have tried:

Soy (not bad but the flavours are sugared which I dont want to use).

Hemp (alright until about a week in and then my stomach feels really bad - nauceous).

Pea Protein (I do get bloated if I use this on the morning).

Brown Rice (never tried yet)???

I realise that each will have their pro's and cons, maybe I should be using 2 different ones a different times of day (Rawmatt pointed out on another thread that pea protein can cause gas if used early in the day).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If you want a protein supplement that gives you quality, complete protein and digestive power instead of bloating, try vegan proteins, the first vegan protein that is guaranteed to help you beat the bloat, and improve your body’s ability to digest the food you eat everyday!

• 3 months later...