Best Vegan Protein Powder Supplement?

Hello - What type of protein powder does everyone prefer here and which brand?

I've typically heard people prefer either pea, rice/pea blend which they blend themselves, or a pre-blended powder.

I'm basically looking for something which will help me build muscles and recover the fastest (although I'm not typically worried about "recovering").

Per my research, and according to the article below, pea protein seems to be among the best.

http://phytomaniac.com/best-vegan-protein-powders/

Thoughts/experiences/etc?

• 4 months later...

I'd say try to mix up your diet. You can't rely on supplements alone if that's what you're thinking. As long as you're getting your complete proteins (you can find a list here: https://lyfefuel.com/blogs/lyfe-fuel/4-misconceptions-plant-based-protein), you should be fine. I tried using Hemp before but it was too expensive.

As for building muscles, you just need to get the right amount of your daily protein needs. Multiply your weight in pounds by 0.36 so you can get the right amount.

For recovery, timing is key. Ideally within 30 minutes after workout. I take my protein shake immediately after.

• 1 month later...

I like Natural Factors Vegan Protein (vanilla bean) I hate anything with stevia and they don't use it.

Non-GMO pea, organic sprouted brown rice, organic hemp, and non-GMO chia. It also contains bromelain to support protein digestion. Vegan Protein is sweetened with xylitol and organic cane sugar and flavoured with natural vanilla bean.

Source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and alpha-linolenic acid.

I use a scoop on my breakfast muesli with soy milk, and sometimes have a shake after a workout.