how to help with bloating?

Hi!

I am afraid, all the Tofu, Saitan and Beans cause my stomach to bloat to an extend that is really painful. Has anyone experiences with that? I would like to get rid of that

I have been eating high protein foods for two or three months now. Before that, I was fine (but I mostly ate carbohydrates). I don't know how to eat enough protein without Tofu, Saitan and Beans... Any ideas? =)

Nut butters, seeds, hemp/rice/pea (if peas don't bother your stomach) protein powders and bars are great for hitting protein requirements.

You could also just got back to a high carb diet if you were fine before. We don't need to overload on protein as much as bro-science says we do.

I eat spanish rice and beans pretty heavily, and have noticed when I switched to pigeon peas instead of red beans/pinto beans, my stomach didn't feel bad. So you're definitely not the only one with soy/legume digestive issues.

Well... although I've been working out for 8 months now (4x a week, upper-lower body split, progressive overload) I don't see the biggest results. I eat very healthy, so that can't be the issue. Protein-intake is the only thing I could change to hopefully gain more muscles.

I tried five or six different protein powders. So far I couldn't find one, that I like. They all taste horrible to me. I always make a smoothie out of it with lots of fruits, but I can still taste the powder, and I really hate it.

Another problem is: If I eat, lets say, 30 g of protein in one meal, I am not going to eat for the rest of the day. I don't know why, but protein takes all my appetite away (which can be a good thing, just not if you are trying to build muscle). But I am going to try pigeon peas and see how that works =)

• 5 years later...
On 3/31/2017 at 5:28 AM, TankOnTwoLegs said:

Nut butters, seeds, hemp/rice/pea (if peas don't bother your stomach) protein powders and bars are great for hitting protein requirements.

You could also just got back to a high carb diet if you were fine before. We don't need to overload on protein as much as bro-science says we do.

I eat spanish rice and beans pretty heavily, and have noticed when I switched to pigeon peas instead of red beans/pinto beans, my stomach didn't feel bad. So you're definitely not the only one with soy/legume digestive issues.

Thanks for sharing it with us. I really appreciate you. I was searching for the https://letsgradeit.com/review/studentshare/ website online because I want to read reviews online for an essay writing service and while searching for it online, I found your post and I also want to know how to help with bloating.

Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Edited by DianeGPatterson

• 1 month later...