Low gluten but high protein?

So I've been vegan for about 5 years now, but only the past year and half have I been really trying to get more serious with working out. For me I ended up with a lot of wheat gluten as my main protein source (I'm not huge on tofu and so many things with wheat gluten I found delicious). Problem I've found out is apparently I'm gluten sensitive so I can't keep getting most my protein from gluten sources like I have been.

I know one vegan body builder at my gym and he says most of his protein he gets just from drinking like 8-10 protein shakes a day (he's really jacked). While I'd be up to drinking more protein shakes, I don't think I could stand drinking so many protein shakes a day.

Likewise as noted I'm not a big fan of tofu.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I could go low gluten/gluten free but still get enough protein (I currently aim for 170 give or take). I mean right now what I'm viewing my choices are add meat to my diet (which I'd prefer not to do), eat a lot of tofu (which I'd prefer not to do), or drink a lot of protein shakes (which I'd prefer not to do).

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fruits, legumes, and vegetables are gluten-free foods:

1.Celery

2.Asparagus

3.Broccoli

4.Coconut

etc.

They can be delicious when prepared well. As for protein shakes - you can't avoid it at all! You just may replace a half of it by protein rich foods.