Stephanie's Workout/Eating Journal

Today is the beginning really getting back into working out and eating on a schedule. I go back to work tomorrow after the holiday break so it will be easier to have a routine.

Height: 5'8

Weight: 147 lbs

Body fat: 18%

Goal: 130 lbs

Breakfast: Burrito- whole wheat wrap, tofu, green pepper, scallion, onion, sweet potato, seasoning, olive oil

Snack: carrots, celery, broccoli, hummus

Lunch: Salad - home made black bean burger, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, peas

Snack: wheat thins, natural peanut butter

Dinner: Protein shake - frozen fruit, ground flax seeds, soy protein, soy milk

Water: 48oz

Workout: 3 mile run, 1 mile cool down walk, stretching

Weight: 147 lbs

Breakfast: Burrito- whole wheat wrap, tofu, green pepper, scallion, onion, sweet potato, seasoning, olive oil

Snack: carrots, celery, broccoli, hummus

Lunch: Salad - home made black bean burger, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, peas

Snack: Orange

Dinner: Protein shake - Salad, edemame, quinoa

Water: 64oz (trying to increase that number)

Workout: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in the morning, 30 min elliptical intervals on lunch break

Here are my "before" pictures

857519478_Jan120121.jpg.d263608d5634cdbe12a6e5b3b7df2cd2.jpg1947523948_Jan12012.jpg.e1f1da341c5919335012eaa9e9dd9d77.jpg

Weight: 148.6 lbs

Snack: Triscuits, natural peanut butter

Lunch: Salad - home made black bean burger, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion,

Dinner: Veg burger, wrap, lettuce, tomato, hummus

Water: 80oz

Workout: Legs

Weighted (90lbs) Calf Raises

Inside- 20

Middle - 20

Outside- 20

- Weighted (40lbs) Sumo Squats - 3x10

- Leg Press - 180lbs 3x10

- Lunges - 120

- Hip Extension - 70lbs 3x10

- Deadlifts - 40lbs 3x10

Snack: Triscuits, natural peanut butter

Lunch: Salad - home made black bean burger, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion,

Dinner: Veg burger, wrap, lettuce, tomato, hummus

Water: 80oz

Workout: 3 mile run on my lunch break, yoga class tonight

Breakfast: Whole Wheat Bagel and Peanut butter

Dinner: Salad

Water: 96oz

Workout: Indoor rock climbing for two and a half hours (total body work out)

Weight: 149 lbs

Breakfast: Whole wheat pita, tofu, green pepper, scallion, onion, seasoning, olive oil

Snack: Triscuits, natural peanut butter, raisins

Lunch: Salad - home made black bean burger, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, homemade dressing

Dinner: Salad, Peas, Banana and peanut butter

Water: 100oz!!!

Workout: 3 mile run on my lunch break

I will post my macros tomorrow...I need to plug all of my food into "My Daily Plate" and get the results

Hey Stephanie!

Awesome work on your consistency! Keep up the great work!

Oh, and your homemade black bean burger sounds amazing! Care to share how you make it?

All the best!

Karen

Hey Karen,

Thanks for the support!! Here is the link to the black bean burgers I make...I make them with the oats and I bake them. I make large batches and then freeze the extras. It comes out to be about 200 calories per burger and about 9 grams of protein. http://edibleperspective.com/2011/07/the-burger/

Weight: 149 lbs

Breakfast: Whole wheat pita, tofu, green pepper, scallion, onion, seasoning, olive oil

Lunch: Salad - home made black bean burger, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, homemade dressing

Dinner: Protein smoothie

Water: 100oz

Workout: 30 min elliptical on my lunch break

Weight Training: Back & Biceps

Pullups - (52lbs assistance) 3x10, 1x5

One Are Dumbbell Row - 3x10 each side 35lbs

EZ Bar Curl- 3x10 30lbs

Lateral obliques and back - 4x10 each side and backwards using 10lb plate

Shrugs- 3x12 70lbs

Reverse cable crossovers - 6x10 at 3 different heights

Bicep Curls - 3x10 15lbs each side

Upright Row with EZ Bar - 3x10 30lbs

Email me with an update when you get a chance. How are you feeling? I see that your weight hasn't gone down. But that doesn't mean you're not improving!! Remember, the scale is a tool. But it's not the whole picture. Take some more progress photos and compare them to the "before" shots. You may just be retaining a little water OR you may have put on a little more muscle, which would be GREAT!

As soon as you can get into the habit of tracking macros, I can zero in on small changes you may be able to make. Your increase in water is good. Keep it going!

Your workouts look great! : )

Forgot to weigh in this morning....

Breakfast: Whole wheat pita, tofu, green pepper, scallion, onion, seasoning, catchup

Leg Day!

Calf Raises w/ olympic bar - Inside, Outside, Middle 70lbs

Leg Press- 175lbs 3x10

Weighted Sumo Squats - 45lb dumbbell 3x10

Weighted Step ups on bench - 15lbs in each hand 3x10 on each leg

Bulgarian Split Squat - 15lbs in each hand 3x10 on each leg

Decline Leg Press- 180lbs 3x10

Hanging leg raises - 3x10

Weight: 148

Breakfast: Whole wheat pita, tofu, green pepper, scallion, onion, seasoning, catchup

Snack: Triscuits

Lunch: Salad - home made black bean burger, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, homemade dressing, orange

Snack: Pita with cinnamon, peanut butter and raisins

Workout: 30min on the elliptical on my lunch break....still really sore from my leg workout yesterday

Weight: 148

Brunch (work up late this morning): Whole wheat pita, tofu, green pepper, scallion, onion, seasoning, catchup

Snack: Pita with cinnamon, peanut butter and raisins

Dinner: Big salad, avocado, corn, veggies, homemade dressing

Workout: 30 min run

Water: 90oz

Took some more pictures this morning, no difference Still no difference in weight either Little discouraged.

I read on this forum, vegan blogs and every book/article I can get my hands on and everyone always says that going vegan and working out gives them so much energy and they feel great. Well, I have been vegan for over 7 years now and for over the past year I have been tired all the time (no matter how much sleep I get), have chronic headaches and generally feel like crap just about everyday (the weight won't budge either!). Not sure what I am doing wrong...is there something that I am missing. I eat all whole foods, nothing processed, drink only water, don't drink alcohol, never eat junk food, work out 5 days a week and get 8 hours of sleep a night. I'm very frustrated :/

Breakfast: 2 slices of homemade whole wheat raisin bread w/ peanut butter

Lunch: Big salad, avocado, corn, veggies, homemade dressing

Snack: Banana

Dinner: Protein Smoothie

Workout - Chest/Triceps

Bench Press: 60lbs 1x10, 65lbs 2x10

Decline Bench Press: 50lbs 2x7, 1x3

Superset w/ 15lb flies

45 second planks x3

Crunches on ball 12x3

Shoulder Press (free weights): 15lbs 1x10, 15lbs 1x15, 20lbs 1x10

Iso Lateral Decline Press (machine): 35lbs each side 2x10, 45lbs each side 1x7

Iso Lateral Incline Press (machine): 25lbs each side 1x10 1x8 1x7

Tricep Dips (unassisted): 1x3, 1x4

Cable Cross: Different heights 6x7

Tricep Dips on bench: 4x10

Plans, Ball Crunches, ab crunch machine

Hi Stephanie

My name is Sandra and first of all I think MichelleRisley is your personal trainer and if that is the case I am really not trying to go against anything that she has told you but here is some helpful advice if you like. If not just ignore. I've been training for over 21 years and I've been a vegan for 3, best decision I ever made. Anyway just looking over your food journal try incorporating more whole food especially greens and fruit, eat as much of the greens and fruit as you like and limit your intake of processed foods and fats like peanut butter, nuts, oils etc.

Anyway I hope this was of some use.

Take care

Sandra

Hi Stephanie

My name is Sandra and first of all I think MichelleRisley is your personal trainer and if that is the case I am really not trying to go against anything that she has told you but here is some helpful advice if you like. If not just ignore. I've been training for over 21 years and I've been a vegan for 3, best decision I ever made. Anyway just looking over your food journal try incorporating more whole food especially greens and fruit, eat as much of the greens and fruit as you like and limit your intake of processed foods and fats like peanut butter, nuts, oils etc.

Anyway I hope this was of some use.

Take care

Sandra

Hey Sandra,

Thanks for the advice. Honestly the only processed foods that I am eating at the pita bread (which has 4 ingredients), protein powder, soy milk and the little bit of catchup I use in the morning. When I do each peanut butter its only about a tablespoon. I cut the little bit of olive oil out of my diet and started cooking without it and making my salad dressings without it too. Everything else I eat is whole foods, I am actually pretty obsessive about everything I eat, whats in it and where it comes from. Michelle and I have been working on tweaking my diet a little bit. One of my problems is that I have found that being a vegan on a budget is a bit of an oxymoron

- Stephanie

Hey thanks for the reply. I guess I was focusing on the triscuits and the wheat thins that I read, but if you have cut them out great. I do understand being a vegan on a budget, I'm in rabbinical school and I feel like I never have enough money. Have you checked out this blog http://veganonabudget.wordpress.com, I haven't read it in a while but it's pretty cool.

These days my diet consist of fruits and greens it works great for me, for my budget as well as how I feel. I will sometimes go out to eat with friends and eat other stuff, as long as it's vegan, but I feel better when I can stay totally clean. I was out of town for half of December and the first week of January and ate a lot of food that was processed and when I finally returned home, I felt heavier.

Anyway, good luck with everything and if I can help in anyway let me know. BTW I also have a training log that I just started and will probably post my food but have not gotten to that yet.

Here is my workout journal viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27490

Later,

Sandra

Snack: Apple Pie Lara Bar

Lunch: Salad - home made black bean burger, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, homemade dressing, Orange

Snack: Wild Rice pilaf w/ lentils

Calf Raises - Inside, Outside, Middle 70lbs

Leg Press- 175lbs 3x10

Weighted Sumo Squats - 45lb dumbbell 3x10

Bulgarian Split Squat - 15lbs in each hand 3x10 on each leg

Decline Leg Press- 180lbs 3x10

Weight: 149

Snack: Carrot Cake Lara Bar

Lunch: Salad - home made black bean burger, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, homemade dressing, Orange

Dinner: Wild Rice pilaf w/ lentils, Peas, Broccoli

Took the day off, feeling really tired today

Snack: 1/2 pita w/ peanut butter and cinnamon

Dinner: Vegan Pizza

Workout: 30 min run on lunch break