Miranda's "New You- New Years Challenge" journal 2012

Hey guys!

So I have just became a vegan about 30 days ago and there is no going back! I absolutely love how I feel! In the New Year I am training for a fitness competition for April 28, 2012. It is my first show and I am very excited about it.

Workout for today:

Got up early and did the P90X ab ripper

Did a resolution run with a good friend of mine 5km.

Hey,

I'm preparing for my first show in May (figure)....are you doing figure or fitness or physique? I live in a small town with nobody here who can help me prepare...it would be interesting to connect with someone else doing the same thing as me...and pretty much on the same time line too...

are you doing weight training also?

are you on facebook? easier to share photos etc on there...

Edited by precision female

Hey! I agree it would be nice to connect with someone doing the same thing. People in Calgary, especially fitness people in Calgary are not very vegan friendly.

Which competition are you doing??

I am doing the INBF and I am competing as a fitness model. How about yourself?

And yes I am on face book if you would like to keep in touch,

My name is Miranda McPherson =)

Todays workout:

Hot yoga

Also Sundays I like to use to mass cook what I will be eating throughout the week, so it easy to grab and go throughout the week because it gets so busy. Things I like to pre-cook: Roasted sweet potatoes with garlic, lentil loafs, quinoa, pre-wash salad, chop up veggies etc.

It makes for a much easier week. =)

Today in the AM I did a leg and bicep workout, then I did a 20 min cardio session that included jumping jacks, burpees and sprinting. One of the best workouts I've done awhile, feels good!

Some struggles I am having this week is my diet, I have been doing long shifts at work with little or no break leaving me very hungry!

I feel ya on the struggling with sticking to a diet during long shifts at work. I have to bring snacks or I'll end up at the dreaded vending machines and we all know there is no good that can come from that thing.

-Dylan

Hey Miranda! We're halfway through the VBB New You for the New Year Challenge! Congratulations on doing such a great job with consistency in fitness and journaling! Are you noticing progress towards your goals? I love your idea of "mass" cooking on the weekends to prepare lots of food for the week. Your lentil loaf sounds really good!

All the best,

Karen

Yesterdays workout:

Yoga in the morning and cardio in the evening

Todays Workout:

rear delts and chest

I threw out my subscapularis so I cant do a lot of movemtns =( it really affected my performance today. I am going to see a massage therapist tomorrow and hopefully she can fix me and get me back on my way.

Hey Miranda, you've done such a great job this month with the New You for the New Year Challenge! You've done an awesome job with your consistency in journaling and fitness! We'll be posting an announcement soon with details about eligibility for the prize package and all that jazz. Hope you'll stick around VBB through February and beyond!

All the best,

Karen

• 2 years later...