Stephanie's Workout/Eating Journal

Hi Michelle,

I have been working on incorporating some of your suggestions. I have been adding some intervals in this past week. I have been guzzling the water everyday I started making some rice and beans with different grains/wild rice/quinoa and lentils/black beans and I have been eating some before workouts to get in the extra protein and carbs. I am looking into mixing up the protein powder, I just recently bought the soy so as soon as that is done I'll invest in other varieties. Thank you for everything so far!

Weight: 149lbs

Grazed on salad and rice pilaf today....back to the routine tomorrow.

Breakfast: Whole wheat pita, tofu, green pepper, scallion, onion, seasoning, catchup

Snack: Kashi granola bar

Lunch: Salad - cannelloni beans, avacado, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, homemade dressing, Snack: Banana

Dinner Out: Sushi

Yesterday's workout: Back and Biceps, 3mile run

Today's Workout: 35 min intervals on elliptical

Breakfast: Whole wheat pita, tofu, green pepper, scallion, onion, seasoning, catchup

Snack: Kashi granola bar

Lunch: Salad - cannelloni beans, avacado, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, homemade dressing,

Dinner: Not sure yet...

Workout: Chest and triceps

Weight - 149lbs

Breakfast- (Healthy) home fries with lots of veggies

Lunch - Pita pizza with veggies

Dinner - Smoothie

Snack - popcorn

Workout - 2hr bike ride outside

Still not much change this week. I am thinking about starting the p90x workout for the next 90days. My boyfriend did it a while ago and really toned up. I think I need to change up wheat I have been doing for a while and giving my system a little bit of a shock to get it going.

Yes! Changing it up is ALWAYS GOOD! The body adapts very quickly. So you should be changing things up every so often. And it doesn't necessarily need to be big changes. Changes in weight/reps/sets, types of exercises, workout splits, hand/foot positions, supersets & giant sets vs. straight sets, lifting to failure on some sets, rest-pauses on some sets, etc., will all help to keep the body guessing. But doing something completely different also helps.

Weight- 149lbs

A.M. Workout - up at 5:30 this morning to start my first day of P90x, today was legs and back. I had to use the resistance bands until I get my pull up bar in the mail. Lot and lots of lunges, my legs are going to hurt tomorrow.

Breakfast- Protein Smoothie

Snack- Kashi granola bar

Lunch - big salad with tofu

Snack - orange

Dinner - Tofu scramble in whole wheat pita

So where are the pics so we can see what a difference a month has made? I kid, I kid, great job keeping up with your journal all month and sharing with us all. Hope to see you stick with it for yourself and also here on the forum as well. We all motivate each other. You are definitely approved for a prize package. Nice work!

-Dylan

Great job this past month, Stephanie! I can totally relate to the frustration, as I feel like my weight is stuck and won't budge either. My mom recently asked me, after not seeing her for some time, "How come you don't weight 100 pounds, for as good as you eat?" Haha, wow - thanks, Mom.

Anyhow, just keep at it. Eating clean and vegan is the right choice.

Thanks for all your participation this month! Hope you'll stick around the VB&F forum and continue to be a valuable member of the community!

All the best,

Karen

So where are the pics so we can see what a difference a month has made? I kid, I kid, great job keeping up with your journal all month and sharing with us all. Hope to see you stick with it for yourself and also here on the forum as well. We all motivate each other. You are definitely approved for a prize package. Nice work!

-Dylan

Yeah! So excited that I am getting a prize pack!! Thank you! I am actually going to post my progress pictures tomorrow.

Great job this past month, Stephanie! I can totally relate to the frustration, as I feel like my weight is stuck and won't budge either. My mom recently asked me, after not seeing her for some time, "How come you don't weight 100 pounds, for as good as you eat?" Haha, wow - thanks, Mom.

Anyhow, just keep at it. Eating clean and vegan is the right choice.

Thanks for all your participation this month! Hope you'll stick around the VB&F forum and continue to be a valuable member of the community!

All the best,

Karen

I am still very frustrated though. I still have not seen a change in the scale...still that damn 149lbs every time! Like I posted before, I am doing P90x every morning to change things up so we will see if this makes a difference. I am really trying to lose 15-20lbs, I want to be down to 130lbs and a size 4. Last time I checked I was at 18% body fat which is pretty good but I am still not very happy with certain areas of my body.

I'll keep updating on my progress

I can definitely see a difference, despite the fact that the scale isn't moving. I'm sure your clothes are fitting better, as well. As Karen said, just keep at. But as I've mentioned before, make sure you're eating enough!!!! If you're not, believe me, that is the surest way to lower your metabolism, which makes weight (fat) loss extremely difficult.

• 2 years later...