Doug Robson Journal (vegandougie)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Happy easter to you too MF.

Things a bit tough at the moment, i have been quite ill and had to struggle with work as well (having to do a lot of overtime to get finances straight). I have not given up on this journal just had to step back. Stress has been taking it's toll but i am not quitting on anything

A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do.

"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"

The blonde said, "How about 50 dollars?" The man agreed and told her that the paint and ladders that she might need were in the garage. The man's wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, "Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?"

The man replied, "She should. She was standing on the porch."

A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.

"You're finished already?" he asked. "Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats. "Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50. "And by the way," the blonde added, "that's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari."

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MF and Karen,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while but going through tough times at the moment and finding it hard to get my motivation back. It s not just depression but financial, having to put in some longer hours at work to get back on track.

Liked that joke by the way- I've got one.

I went into work the other day with a steering wheel down the front of my pants. A colleague asked doesn't that hurt, to which I replied "yeah it's driving me nuts!"

Hahahahaha, that was a good one Doug !!

Hope to see you back here more regularly, training will help keep the balance.

I concur!

I'm in a similar boat as you lately, Doug. Hoping to get my butt back in gear this coming week, though. Just moved, started a new job, been staying with people, financial issues, etc. So, I hear ya! But, MF is right that regular training will help us, so let's get back to it! Oh wait, not that one! This one:

Haha!

Hi Karen

I shall start in a weeks time, I am going to start slowly with bodyweight exercises then pick up again with MF 's workout. I need to do it like this as my back has been playing up again and I don't want to risk injury and time of work - really cannot afford it.

I shall swing by your journal as well and keep commenting encouraging words and my usual, unique brand of humour to keep you going

Yes MF I will start posting again however small it might seem just help me get my momentum back.

Thanks both of you for your support, I am a dunce sometimes when things get rough I should be coming back here you both always manage to cheer me up

I generally hate blonde jokes, but I do like this one!

A lawyer and a blonde are sitting next to each other on a long flight from LA to NY. The lawyer leans over to her and asks if she would like to play a fun game. The blonde just wants to take a nap, so she politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks.

The lawyer persists and explains that the game is really easy and a lot of fun. He explains: "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5, and vice-versa." Again, she politely declines and tries to get some sleep.

The lawyer, now somewhat agitated, says, "Okay, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500," figuring that since she is a blonde that he will easily win the match. This catches the blonde's attention and, figuring that there will be no end to this torment unless she plays, agrees to the game.

The lawyer asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The blonde doesn't say a word, reaches in to her purse, pulls out a five dollar bill and hands it to the lawyer. Now, it's the blonde's turn.

She asks the lawyer: "What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?" The lawyer looks at her with a puzzled look. He takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references. He taps into the Air phone with his modem and searches the Net and the Library of Congress.

Frustrated, he sends e-mails to all his coworkers and friends he knows. After over an hour, he wakes the blonde and hands her $500. The blonde politely takes the $500 and turns away to get back to sleep.

The lawyer, who is more than a little miffed, wakes the blonde and asks, "Well, so what IS the answer!?" Without a word, the blonde reaches into her purse, hands the lawyer $5, and goes back to sleep!

Hahahah Karen loved that joke - mind if i borrow it?

Cheers MF another goodun.

Getting my plans into action. As an update i want to mention i am seeing my Dr on 18th i am going to ask to reduce my painkillers or change them for a weaker type. I feel i don't need them to be quite so strong. I still get pain but it is not as bad as it used to be and the ones i am on now can make me quite sleepy and happy (seen my impression of the seven dwarfs? - i am very good at dopey too )

I know this is not a training entry but i wanted to share my thoughts, next week i will be back on track and determined to get going again. As i mentioned it will be bodyweight exercises - maybe utilise my aeropilates machine. Then get into the weights again.

Thanks again for the support

YES ~ I agree with you about trying to reduce the strength of your painkillers. Good luck Doug, I hope you have a great doctor that is willing to listen to you?

Feel free to give me a yell through PM if you ever need someone to have a yarn to. Cheers mate, keep that head up and chest out! MF

"...if you ever need someone to have a yarn to." I've never heard that expression before, but I like it. It's cute.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's had a rough go at it this past month or so. I mean, I'm sorry that you've gotten off track in your training, but it sure does make it easier to know there are other people out there going dealing with similar issues and lack of motivation. Thank you for being so open and honest with your feelings and situation, Doug. It really does make a big difference to others (such as me).