Gaia's Cut

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the evening cardio yesterday on my 2nd day of carb depletion - after doing a morning cardio of the usual 5 miles/60 minutes trail jog, and working the Delts out carefully - though they hurt alot last night and I had to ibprofen them at night to be able to go to sleep - but today on the 3rd day of carb depletion, I did not do evening cardio.

I had a hard time just getting thru my Back routine today. I could feel myself hitting the wall only 30 minutes into the workout - actually after doing the first 2 exercises - Machine Back Row (lower grip) and Pulldowns. I love the pulldowns now. I can do 6 reps on 165lbs pretty well, and the last 2 reps are only half way down. Today I held on afterwards, lifted my legs up with knees bent and twirled around twice over the knee hold/seat. I weigh less than what I can pull down - and yeah it took work to get my knees under the hold and put my ass on the seat, and then pull the wide bar down. I have yet to try just pulling myself up on the chin tower. The handles are closer together on the chin tower than the wide bar that I am use to - one of these Back days I will have to try at least. And I ate my what I was alotted for today, and was not up to doing any cardio tonight.

Tomorrow is Rest day again. It is also re-feed/high carb day. Going to try and pick out a song/music for the show, and try to put on the fake eyelashes myself (I got a Kit to help me!). Ordered stretch velvet material from SpandexWorld.com to start to make my posing suit, and that should be here by next Rest day.

wow ur making your own suit? good for you and on the motivation. for me at this point the little details are the worst...like the clothing, the waxing, exfoliating...are more of a pain than anything. i enjoy my time at the gym doing endless cardio, would rather be there than at home ruminating about my hair or my suit or my routine. ugh lol. and crazy lat pulls regardless!

Oh, Oops. . . brain diet fog - that is the excuse I am currently using for my mistakes that I seem to be making lately - probably cuz it is true!

When you put your body thru all this stuff, and play around with it, I think it is cool knowledge and all. You can read all about it, but until you actually do it, and experience it for yourself, then you won't truly know what it is like. And what it is like for you - everyone is different. As someone told me and I liked the quote alot - we are all biochemical snowflakes; each one is unique.

I sew alot for my kids - costumes for halloween, and lately it has been cosplay for the anime conventions - this year it is characters from the Assassins Creed 2 game, or unless they change their minds. So I looked at my suit from last time (small petite? how small was I? the triangle top doesn't even cover the nip - LOL! TMI). And the new ones are so expensive! So I am going to try my hand at sewing one, or two, or how many it takes to get it right! And I have to order the "breast enhancements" to put into my secret compartment that I will sew into my suit! no ultra flat triangle top this time!

So this morning's cardio of trail jogging hit a snag. I decided to go up the High School Hill, and made it up fine with no out of breath gulps of air. Unfortunately, on the way down, I felt the Vibram's right big toe snag on the sidewalk - where a plant actually did break thru the sidewalk, but they killed it, and then put this black goop to fill it in - except for it has burrs sticking out, and down I went! Felt like slow motion as I fell to the ground, and had plenty of time to put out my hands/palms mostly to take the brunt of the fall. Right leg got scratched enough so blood came thru the skin, but my palms were just polka dotted from the small stones in the sidewalk asphalt. I tried to keep my hands up, to keep it from swelling too much - I have Arms to do in the gym today! Ice water when I got home, and now arnica oil on it. Just a little bit sore, and my left delt seems to be talking to me, like "Hey, I got hurt too! Even more so than I was before! I want some arnica too! Please, please - OK I am now going to make you feel pain so you will notice me!" OK, here is some arnica and alittle bit of a massage. Geesh, what a whiner! - and yes, these are the conversations I have with my body. . I know, I live in my own little world: Gaia's world.

I just ate a salad for dinner. My tummy is not happy right now. I know the cucumber was not good - after eating 3 slices and noticing the taste was off. I removed the rest - but I still have 3 slices going thru my GI tract. I think evening cardio will be spent at the gym and not outside - as I think I will be going to the bathroom before the hour of cardio is done. Well, it will not be fun, but maybe it will flush my GI tract out. I did take an extra probiotic tablet (I usually just take it in the morning after breakfast/meal#1) to help counter the bad bacteria that I ate. Let the BM's begin! and the weight will go down, down, down! LOL!

Ugh, what a day! The cut on my calf from the tumble I took this morning is showing a nasty bruising around the cut (about 2 inches on each side of the cut) - but on the bright side the palms of my hands were not too painful as i did the Arms workout today, though I did put on gloves to protect it from the bars of some of the barbells (they have that diamond pattern cut in the handles to keep your hands from slipping if they get all sweaty). Can't wait to crawl into bed tonight, close my eyes, and sleep till the morning. And then open my eyes, get up out of bed, and head for the trail! That is my favorite time of the day now - full of energy, communing with nature, saying hi to all the people I meet on the trail, and then weighing myself when I get home (which lately has not been too bad as it is going down, with the exception of the day or two after a re-feed day - but that is to be expected and I know this going in).

Analyzing my diet and exercise routines. Need to find the magic foods and time to eat them to match my exercise routines. I am not getting 'ripped' yet. I am getting skinny though. But still there is a difference between being skinny/fit and being a cut up BBer.

Let the experimentation begin. . . .

Today was an interesting day. I have tendinitis in the left delt, so I am babying it (have to - as the pain is intense) and taking some herbs (Devil's Claw and White Willow Bark) to help with the inflammation. Today was the first day I was able to do some heavy weights (with the help of the White Willow Bark I am sure) with such strict form (can not angle my upper body in any way that will twist the upper arm bone -connected to the shoulder girdle- in any way - otherwise PAIN! sharp stabbing pain and then an ebbing pain afterwards). I have been laying off the weights for about 2 weeks now, with no weights for 3 days now - even went without my cardio trail jog in the morning (the movement of the arms back and forth bothered it - that and the attacking black flies bombarding my head! bothersome beasts!).

I was also gloom and doom for 2 days now, and the eating went with it. I will say, that I now know that it takes me 2 days to fully carb load my body - I was in love with my body at the gym today. The muscles were all swole (unfortunately the abs were gone though) and I loved the fullness of it. Tried to do some posing, but I twisted my upper arm just a smidge - and it screamed at me. I do like to distort my body when posing.

So I also made some decisions. I have been wrecking my body for some time now, and losing 30lbs from March to now is impressive for me. I still have 10 more pounds that I have to lose, that will get me in the skinny to cut-up body image I want for a show. I have decided that I will probably not be able to make it for the July show, and that I will keep on working on getting ripped for the next show in the end of Sept (there are 2 shows in fact). I plan to stay this way, with maybe a clean bulk this winter, but I will never allow myself to get passed 145 again. It is just so hard to get off, and not worth eating sweet things every day (I should be able to eat at least 1 or 2 a week though - and savor every bite!). And yes, I feel the pressure slipping off my shoulders, but I can't slack off. My goal is to get to the Team Universe show, and both Sept shows are qualifiers for the National platform, so I have to keep right on working hard - but perhaps alittle bit more smarter, so that Pain isn't my ultimate teacher.

Thanks for the recognition of losing weight so far. I've had 2 people on my trail, stop me and first ask about my Vibram shoes, and then tell me how much weight I have lost! Those 2 people and you guys make me all proud inside. Photos are on the agenda for this week - if I can get over my phobia of posting pics of myself on the web.

Today was close to being the lowest weight: 144.6 - was 144.2 last week on the 13th. I have been a good girl for 3 days now - finally reigned in my eating binges (what your mind will do when you give it the idea that you are not going to do the show). And the eating binges were foods that are not on my approval list for dieting down - the whole pint of coconut milk Turtle Trails is what brought me back to my sense of dieting down still - it was so wickedly decadent! But I am back on the brown rice, sweet potatoes, and oatmeal/wheatbran list of approved carbs again. Didn't gain all that much I guess, if I am back down to my lowest weight already (oh yeah, my guilt was so bad that I wouldn't weigh myself while bingeing).

Did Biceps yesterday, and pushed the weights alittle bit. Found that the rope curls (both hands) did not aggravate my delts! Kept my elbows in, and stayed at peak contraction for 4 seconds or more with the last reps of each set - felt wonderful to feel only the bicep working. Pain is such a good teacher - you find out just how much you use the painful bodypart when working out the other bodyparts!

Today's morning cardio was muggy and buggy, but I managed to smile as the flies dive bombed my face! And I enjoyed the light breeze that came up on the way back home, to cool me off and blow the flies away! Whole Foods shopping, Chipotle run for the kids (Ugh!), and then going to do Back at the gym this afternoon.

Did Back at the gym, and was able to do the same weights as last time - without hurting my delts at all! I've got this 'chest forward with elbows down to the sides' form done pat for all my lifts lately to keep my delts out of it. I don't have my red book with me, but I remember getting thrilled at doing the Machine Back Row w/Low Grip for a heavy set of 240 for 8 reps! The only thing that kind of hurt was the Hammer Strength Machine Back Row Pulldown - but then again it is so high up to pull the weight down in the first place, that it has the potential to pop my arm bone out of the shoulder socket! LOL! I stood on the seat to pull the weight down with my chest sticking way out - nobody around to see it thank goodness - but then again so boring at the gym with nobody around.