Rob's Firefighter Challenge

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I don't know if I'm going to be doing this much longer.

06/28/2012

Squat Clean and Jerk, rest 2 min between sets

95 x 3

115 x 3

125 x 3

Clean Pulls, rest 2 min between sets

125 x 3

135 x 3

145 x 3

Front Squat 1 and 1/4, rest 2 min between sets

95 x 3

115 x 3

135 x 3

After almost 5 years, I don't know if I want to continue being vegan. I guess by strict definition, I never was to being with, since I disagree with the the vegan stance on domesticated honey bees. Sometimes I really want eggs, and sometimes I really want salmon. My wife and I have discussed it at length on numerous occasions. We have been looking into options regarding backyard hens, but no results have been yielded thus far. Sometimes I feel like I don't even remember why I'm living this lifestyle in the first place. I don't know for sure that I will make any changes. My wife had fish tacos a few weeks ago, and she felt fine about it. I'm not ready to do that yet. Not sure that I will be, but I don't think I want "veganism" to define me anymore, because I never meant for it to in the first place. Maybe I'll make some changes. Maybe I won't. I don't know yet.

07/10/2012

500 M row in 2 min

Work up to a Snatch 1 RM - 115 lbs

Edited by Rob PMFF

• 3 weeks later...

I hear you on the Honeybees thing, I'm on the fence about it. My wife and I have discussed it (she's vegetarian) and she makes some good points. Since I can't make up my mind I won't consciously purchase or consume it, but if it sneaks it's way into something I eat I'm not going to get crazy over it.

In the end you just have to do what feels right to you. If it's ethical guilt, you can still make ethically sound choices in the eggs and other animal products you buy, which is still a step in the right direction. It's a bit of a step back from being vegan, but still plenty of steps ahead of the general populace.

Are you still Crossfitting? Those last three workouts don't look like the standard WOD style...

Yeah, they're not WODs. Between my normal shifts, command school, my command school research paper, and my mother-in-law's breast cancer, I haven't had much time for CrossFit lately. I do intend to go back, hopefully this week coming up. So in the mean time, to make sure I'm still doing something, I've been doing the Stronglifts program while at the fire station. Although I seem to have started rather low...I'm sure it will become more challenging soon enough.

08/03/2012

Squat

110 x 5 x 5

Shoulder Press

70 x 5 x 5

Deadlift

140 x 1 x 5

• 6 months later...