We all gotta start somewhere

mathyou

Haven't been in a lifting routine since my 2008 d3 football season. That all changes this Monday.

I don't care about having a support buddy anymore. I'll do it alone like I've done everything else alone my whole life and come out a stronger person because of it. I'll be reporting my lifts over the coming weeks to see how they improve. I tried benching earlier this summer and could barely do 100lbs. Kind of embarrassing. Looking forward to this new change. I love that there's a vegan bodybuilding forum

Hey Mathyou, wanted to shoot you a welcome as well. Sounds like you are very motivated. I feel like staying motivated is the hardest hurdle for most people. Looking forward to seeing you share more with us. Don't get discouraged, we all gotta start somewhere and sometimes progress is slow but when it comes man does it feel so great!

-Dylan

• 2 weeks later...

Dylan,

Tryin, man! I knew it wasn't really support I needed... I started questioning why I wasn't motivated, and it basically came down to chronic fatigue. After all, how can I expect to lift weights if I can barely lift a finger? So, I started eating meat again lol jk. I got back on Vitamin B12 sublinguals and taking a vegan multivitamin too in case I'm missing anything else. Also going to switch my water to reverse osmosis after watching snippets of "An Inconvenient Tooth" and how fluoride can cause fatigue in some people. I'm still kind of tired, but I think I'm getting a little better. Hope it's not just a placebo effect. I think staying sober off drugs and alcohol are vital too. I'm refocusing on just getting my energy/life back together now. I'll start posting on here regularly when I get well enough to lift again. Thanks for the support.

-Matt

• 4 weeks later...

yeah man, I know a lot of people on here are straight edge, i'm not one of them. But drugs and alcohol definitely have an effect on people. If I go out drinking saturday night sunday im probably not going to be in the gym i'll be doing laundry and watching netflix and nursing a hang-over. Good to hear that you have pinpointed the problem. That's often the hardest step. Sometimes I force myself to exercise even when im super tired. I always feel better afterwards. I think its even that much more rewarding if you can push through the tiredness. Also I feel like I have more energy the more I workout. So take little steps but jump in there and take them, you gotta start somewhere and the hard part is just starting know what I mean?

-Dylan

• 3 months later...