Polish Power!

I felt obliged to read your thread. It's important not to force change too heavily, lest you end up snapping later. Have you tried stevia and/or maple syrup and/or agave blends when you need to bake or what have you?

I wouldn't fear sugar too much, especially low or zero GI sugars like a listed. I fear refined processed sugar.

Either way, good luck, and great work.

Robert, that is true, I often joke that my bike is my boyfriend I take it everywhere with me. Since it's not too cold I ride each day. I like to be independent of the public transport.

Yeti, It's not a big change for me, because I have never used sugar to tea or coffee, I don't drink sweet drinks. What is more in Poland it's hard to buy vegan sweets, I have only one option: dark chocolate... which you can buy without sugar I use sugar only to cakes and home made jams. Since I decided to avoid sugar, I simply don't bake. Hm... I miss chocolate-zucchini cake, maybe I should bake with stevia, thanks for idea.

I have to confess, that I have never tried maple syrup It's not popular here, you can buy it in good shops, but It's expensive. I always wanted to try maple syrup with pancakes! Maybe one day...

Yesterday's activity:

12km by bike +climbing wall

Today's activity:

about 40 km by bike

swimming!

I'm not well lately, my thoughts are quite bad. Weekends are killing me. I need to have busy scheadule, when I have too much time I think too much about unpleasent things and I fall down. So I'm glad that it's monday again, I hope next weekend will be more constructive, right now I'm mentaly smashed, I don't see any reason why I do all those things... study, sports, healthy food, perfect lifestyle... what for? Right now I don't see any sense in it. Ah! I hope this state won't last long.

I took blood and urine test today, basic parameters. Results will be on Thursday. It's my first that kind of tests since I'm a vegan.

climbing

13-14.10

lazyness+ party+hangover+depression+ big eating

swimming

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was busy lately, I didn't have time to write.

My schedule is quite crazy, but I still have time for climbing and swimming. Now I'm ill so I have to take a brake, but in general I'm active.

My health bothers me lately. My immunological system is weak, my blood morphology is bad. I'm depressed, a bit hopeless, and it's getting colder and colder outside. I have WBC, LYM, MON, RBC and HCT too low. My doctor is confused, she told me that I have to repeat blood examination after month and then we will see what next... maybe ladies in laboratory made a mistake. I don't know what to think, I'm anxious.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks James I'm fine. I'm just super busy lately because of my studies, that is why I can't write often.

I still have problems with my knees, few days ago I went for a run (after long break), and because of that my knee startet to hurt again... I'm very sad because of this. I don't know what is wrong, I'm just 24 and I have worst knees than a grandmother.

Anyway, I'm trying to be active, I still can climb and swim, so I do this in my free time.

Btw this week I'm trying raw diet. Now I'm after my second day of raw diet It's just an experiment, after one week I will go back to traditional vegan lifestyle I just want to understand how raw vegan life looks like. So... I have to admit that it's not that easy as I thought it will be I'm bored of eating fruits and nuts, I want beans!! haha

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm... Since September 2012 (when I started to write here) I had good and bad moments, sometimes I felt like in a very good shape, sometimes like a rubbish. Today I did a photos and I realised that I didn't change at all. It's good and bad in the same time. I can't see any progress but I also didn't become a victim of yo-yo effect.

But... I have good news for you! I decided to fight! With 1st of February I'll start my personal "monkey" project. I call it "monkey" because my goal is to be more agile and stronger (just like a monkey) than I am right now. I want to have visible results in 3 months! And be able to do 10 pullups in one serie.

And this is how I look now:

http://s8.postimage.org/82demiq9x/P1300055.jpg

Thanks jamesxvx for good words.

During last 2 months I had terrible problems with my immunological system, so I was sick most of the time. I couldn't train hard. I started to take some pills with bacterial lysates, at the beginning I felt more sick because of it, but now after 2 weeks of curation I can say that I feel that my organism is much more resistant.

This is my front side, still jelly-belly (this time I'm going to change it for real 6 pack ), and please don't focus on my "good morning" face.

http://s3.postimage.org/foxtewzk3/P1300048.jpg

Ok, I'm ready to work hard!

Heeeey all!

I came back to regular climbing and jogging. I hope, I will burn my fat layer soon. I bought vegan glucosamine for my joints, it should protect me from injuries.

I'm trying to reduce amount of calories... but it's hard I would like to eat 1700kcal per day, but I usually do 2000kcal. Eh, I love food

• 3 weeks later...

Life is good!

On last friday I finished first half marathon in my life.

Yesterday I signed up for my first Duathlon (6km cross country running+ 18 km cross country cycling+ 4km cross country running). Distances are not long, so I have to improve my speed. Competition takes place in may, I'm going to train hard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Dylan,

I'm ok I'm very busy lately, because of BA thesis and other responsibilities. In my free time I work hard at the gym, or climb. I'm trying to build strenght, burn some extra fat and build some muscles. But sadly I still look the same. I don't know what I do wrong, maybe I eat too much, or my trainings are too chaotic. That is why I'm going to write a training plan for April and stick to it and I'm going to eat less fat more protein. This year winter in Poland was hard and, even so it's calendar spring now, we still have snow here and air is chilly, there is no sun! I'm sick of it! Because of cold I eat too much fat. Fruits and vegetables are extreamly expensive. Oh! I really need sun, I hope in few weeks it will get warmer here.

This is a current photo of my back... honestly, I can't see any difference

http://s17.postimg.org/jzqmu0fh7/P3250097.jpg

• 1 year later...