Rossco's journal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gyms been closed pretty much all week so this was first session in a while!

Friday 9/11/12 Bodyweight 79 Kg (ish) playlist consisted of A Day To Remember and NOFX

Squats

empty safety bar (25 Kg) x 8

55 Kg x 5

65 Kg x 5

75 Kg x 5

75 Kg x 8

Kept the weight real low so I could get myself lower and keep the reps slow too, gonna add 5 Kg each week to get a new pb before the end of the year

3 sets of leg curls, don't know what weight!

Bench press

empty bar (20 Kg) x 8

30 Kg x 5

40 Kg x 5

50 Kg x 5

60 Kg x 5

65 Kg x 5 technically a pb

55 Kg x 6

Dips

x10

x10

x10

knuckle press ups x 20 literally fell on my face on the last rep

I'll try the towel thing at some point, felt a bit weird doing it in front of people at the gym so I bailed :P

seriously thankyou so much for the book jim, had a quick browse on my lunch break but I'll have a proper read during the week

Monday 12/11/12 bodyweight 80 Kg, I've been going overboard with eating perhaps I should try and eat and bulk a bit cleaner from now on, got a bit of unwanted body fat but it isn't out of control

I've never seen the gym so busy so tonight was a kind of do what I can workout.

Chin ups with hammer grip

x 6 and a half..

x 4 and a half....

pullups x 2

did 4 heavy sets on the lat pull down machine.

overhead press with dumbbells, I usually sit but all benches were taken so had to do it standing which was fine. (the weight is for each dumbbell)

10 Kg x 8

15 Kg x 6

20 Kg x 6

22.5 Kg x 3 Much better!!

17.5 Kg x 8

at this point it was so ridiculously busy by the free weights I decided to just do some machine work instead of standing around like a twat..

so 4 sets of machine shoulder side raises and 3 sets of bicep curl machine.

wednesday and friday will consist of squats deads and bench so I'm looking forward to it!

i know how you feel with towel thing haha, i train at home so i can try all kinds of silly looking stuff!

how tall are you rossco?

squats and bench press are my fave exercises all weight trainers and bodybuilders seem to love benching !

good to see your doing chins, underated exercise, dont see many people doing them nowadays!

good luck with rest of the weeks training

yeh it takes alot of room to make a half decent gym at home. whats the gym like where you train?

no i havent got a log on here yet might do one soon, chins r your favourite? you masochist haha i have a love hate thing goin on with chins, love what they do but hate doing them lol

Well im studying animal sciences and management at college so I get to use their gym for free, its full of personal trainer trainees and students and it is always busy.. There's a fairly decent freeweight section which is all I really need but there's only a few benches and just one power rack :/

Get a log going mannnn I'll be sure to follow it! And ahha I get that response from a friend that I train with, I've just always enjoyed them. When I first started training I could just about do 3 I'm currently up to 8 so its nice to see physical progress

Keep at it capfit!

Nah not a vet but I definitely want some animal paramedic training I'm hopefully doing a marine mammal medic course next year and I currently work at a hospital for sick and injured bats so I get to administer meds etc who knows what ill end up doing (:

Anywhooo back to buisness

Wednesday 14/11/12 Bodyweight 80 Kg

Dead lifts today! I was in a proper rush because I had to go babysit my little bros after gym!

40 Kg x 5

60 Kg x 5

70 Kg x 5

90 Kg x 3

100 Kg x 2 (grip was good)

100 Kg x 3 I held the bar for a while after the second rep and had one more rep in me, although my back rounded kinda bad on the last rep, apparently I looked like mr burns... I promise to get some pics or a vid next time I dead!

The rest of my workout was rushed

3 sets of 8 on seated rows (machine)

4 sets of 10 dumbbell shrugs

20Kg x 10

22Kg x 10

25Kg x 10

27.5Kg x 10

3 sets of reverse flys (machine)

so recently I've been noticing some great size gains, especially my back! I may post a photo later I've switched to 4 meals a day rather than 6 and preferring it and I've been playing around with rep range

anywhoooo

Friday 16/11/12 Bodyweight 80Kg ish

squats and bench were my focuses tonight

bench press

empty bar (20 Kg) x 10

40 Kg x 6

50 Kg x 6

65 Kg x 5

70 Kg x 5 this was pretty easy even though my mate was making stupid noises to try and put me off

50 Kg x 12 this was even easier

Squats with safety bar, still keeping the weight low and focusing on technique

empty bar (25 Kg) x 10

55 Kg x 8

65 Kg x 8

70 Kg x 8

75 Kg x 8

dips

x10

x10

x10

pushups

x31 had a competition with my buddy to see who could do the most to failure after the dips, I won by 1 rep

For charity today at work everyone had to wear red so for once I wasn't wearing my baggy uniform, it was overwhelming how many people complimented my increased size haha including "how did you get big arms like that eating rabbit food" I took that as a compliment.

grip training today! deadlifting on monday and I want to nail a 110Kg, may switch to mix grip if I cant quite get it. anyone here use lifting belts? and how do they work?