Squat, bench, DL & occasional running

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man that means a lot

You deserve it!

Okay, I'm ready for my final heavy week. Monday is a rest day as I'm training at Eastside PL'ing gym on Tuesday - that's always a big night. Then towards the end of this week I'll have a session where I will hit maxes of the lifts as I would do in the meet. Once that's done I'll know exactly where I'm at.

Man I have eaten like a horse today, but that's okay as I decided to have an extra rest day and train first thing in the morning instead of tonight.

Felt I needed to increase my protein intake over these last few weeks leading into the meet, have been playing with my protein shake and I've finally managed to get a 400ml shake that gives me:

Cals 420

Protein 75g

Carbs 20g

Total fats 1.5g

That should help things ?!

I'd imagine that would be a bit overkill on the protein for one serving? Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't think it would be possible to absorb that much protein at once. Also, even though it's plant sourced, wouldn't it still be difficult on your digestion to have so much?

Not sure, seems to be okay at the moment. Sometimes I do split up and drink 200ml at a time, about an hour or two apart. With what you just said I think that's probably the best approach.

I don't get any bloating from it though, so I'd be more concerned about the nutrient utilisation & metabolism over anything else. I try and eat a range of fermented foods as well as emphasising alkaline food types, that really makes a difference overall I feel.

Did you get my message I sent you mate?

How did the heavy session go at the different gym?

Your competition is getting really close now, ya?

The competition is really close now, 1st December. I feel fairly ready though.

The last session at Eastside went great thanks, nailed a 264 raw squat which you can see on this clip I put together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGAclIjHzI4

I'm back there tonight to hit heavy squats and bench, looking forward to it as it's a completely different atmosphere at that gym to where I usually train.

Well for some reason legs just felt like toast tonight.

Decided to see if I could back up a second consecutive night of deadlifting - got 407 again with probably more ease than yesterday. Paused bench after that, 220 felt good. Squats tomorrow then maxing on all 3 lifts on Friday morning before resting up.

I'm hitting all of my goal lifts although the volume isn't high at all right now especially with this being a heavy week.

Just had my Pre-WO meal of a dozen vege dumplings (with a good teaspoon of hot, homemade chilli sauce) washed down with a pot of Chinese tea. Got a couple of Em's PowerBars plus one of my 75g protein shakes to sip on during the leg session for a little extra filling... heading down to gym shortly so it's all on with the heavy squats

1105622981_1xdozenvegedumplings.jpg.1c72e711c835aeb8fff51d3d79dc82e0.jpg