Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to get my butt to the gym today and really hit cardio hard and throw some abs and forearm work in. With such a lazy day yesterday.... Today I haven't been entirely good. I opened a can of black beans and mixed in salsa and some Daiya cheese and went to town. Will probably make some potato lentil soup today although I only have 1 potato left.....

It is a spiced black tea made with cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, pepper and ginger mixed with milk and sweetened. I love them especially during the colder months. The place I go to makes theirs fresh not from a box like Starbucks. I really need to get the stuff so I can make it myself

Chai latte's are my new favourite

Rough start to my day!! Being woke up the phone ringing at 4ish am because the neighbor fell on the floor after refusing overnight assistance so avoid this issue. They handed my sister and I $40 to split for our time and energy put in but the funny thing is $20 of it belonged to my sister for the days she was supposed to go over and do her work..... so $20 of it was supposed to be split between us and I charge $10/hr not $10 period. I listed some crocheted items to be sold so hoping that a couple things sell so I can buy some dog food and hygiene products. Hoping this week work will come my way as well.

AM cardio: 15 min recumb bike manual program

Quads

Leg extension: 3 sets 75 lbs 15 reps

Leg press: 360 lbs 10 reps, 450 lbs 8 reps, 540 lbs 6 reps, 630 lbs 4 reps ( last set did slow short rom and flipped the lock and did an isolation hold with my knees slightly bent)

Hack squat:2 sets 130 lbs 10 reps, 160 lbs 8 reps, 180 lbs 6 reps

Step ups: 3 sets 10 reps each leg

Leg extension: 3 sets 120 lbs 10 reps

FINALLY I get to go to work tomorrow!!! Granted I only get 22 hrs next week but my boss was like I don't want to lose you after I said I started puttin in applications. HA! I have to drive in rush hr traffic twice a week..... OH well hopefully more hours will come in

I am a nursing assistant. I typically take care of people in their homes so they don't have to go to a group home. And I have a correction on my hours... they took a shift away and it dropped me to 19 hrs... As long as my dogs get food and car gets gas that is all that matters I guess

Feels good to be working today. Was a but rushed to train, get dressed for work and inhale breakfast. I was smart enough to have everything packed up ready to eat including my coffee! Even managed to fit in 15 min of cardio with running a few min late to the gym. It was so warm on my need that i didn't want to get up! It was about 18° F this morning or colder i didn't dare look so being under 3 warm blankets was heaven since my greater is biting the dust.... Need more hrs to get heater fixed yay.......

2 days behind on journal.... Won't be able to update till this afternoon. I will say i did bench 135 lbs again for 6 reps twice! Super proud of myself. I remember a time when 95lbs was super hard and that is now my warm up weight lol 115 lbs the guys stand close by and 135 lbs they full on spot me. I know the chest isn't a strong muscle for women so o am happy with my numbers slowly climbing there

11/26 CHEST

Push ups: 3 sets 20 reps

Bench Press: 95 lbs 15 reps, 115 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 135 lbs 6 reps

DB Incline: 35 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 40 lbs 10 reps

DB Chest fly: 20 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 10 reps, 30 lbs 10 reps

Ball crunches: 3 sets 30 lbs

Reverse crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

11/27 Calves and Biceps

Seated calf raise: 2 sets 55 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 60 lbs 15 reps

Standing calf raise: 4 sets 60 lbs 15 reps

Donkey calf: 45 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 75 lbs 15 reps (supposed to do single leg but was pressed for time and did both at once)

Ez bar curl: 40 lbs 15 reps, 50 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 70 lbs 10 reps

Superset:

Hammer curl:15 lbs 10 reps, 17.5 lbs 10 reps, 20 lbs 10 reps

Cross body curl: 15 lbs 10 reps, 17.5 lbs 10 reps, 20 lbs 10 reps

Concentration curl: 2 sets 15 lbs 10 reps, 20 lbs 10 reps

Bosu crunch: 3 sets 25 lbs 30 reps

Incline crossover: 20 reps, 15 reps

11/28 Shoulders/legs

Arnold press: 15 lbs 15 reps, 20 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 10 reps

Rear delt fly machine: 60 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 80 lbs 10 reps

Side delt raise: 12.5 lbs 15 reps, 15 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 17.5 lbs 10 reps

Rear delt rop pull: 90 lbs 15 reps, 100 lbs 12 reps, 110 lbs 10 reps, 120 lbs 10 reps

Hanging leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps

Bosu crossover: 3 sets 20 reps

TKE: 3 sets 20 reps

Sumo squats: 30 lbs 15 reps, 35 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 15 reps

Step ups with DBs: 3 sets 25 lbs 10 reps

Walking lunge with DBs: 3 sets 30 lbs 10 reps

RDL: 55 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 95 lbs 10 reps

Squat: 2 sets 100 lbs 10 reps, 105 lbs 10 reps

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cupcakes baked but don't look pretty, have 4 hrs of work to get through, and a wonderful cardio session in. Technically my birthday isn't until the 3rd but I didn't want to do anything on a Monday so opting for a Saturday night Super excited to see friends I haven't seen in month

I just love my friends so much!!! One ran and told them it was my birthday party and after dinner they came out with a slice of cheesecake, chinese donuts, a hat and a funny birthday song. No I didn't eat the cheesecake, did have a donut, wore the hat and posed for pics! Now I am sitting here enjoying a glass of blueberry wine from a local vineyard. Now just have to finish off all the damn cupcakes!!!!! Everyone was so full after eating the cupcakes were the last thing anyone wanted. All in all this is the best birthday ever! I didn't even pay for mine or my sister's dinner.... my trainer did!!!

birthday.jpg.ef7acc599849942858d70fb1aae90624.jpg

Ok time to get my damn eating back on track!!! OMG all the rich foods I have been eating to celebrate my birthday are catching up to me and my gut is like WTF!!! Went to my trainer's open house and grabbed a plate full of fruit to help kick start a lot of nutrients into my body. Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple and I have some lentil vegetable soup in the slow cooker that is ready to eat. I won't be putting my body through this torture again for a very long time!!!