*Your best lift of the day ~ post it here*

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I prefer bodyweight exercises than lifting weights…but I figured I’d post here anyway. Hope no one is offended.

Just did 180 standing calf raises (divided into three sets of 60). This is not my best by far, but it is my best I could do today. I’m still recovering from a surgery not long ago so I was happy with that for now. Gave me an overall good feeling like I can get back to working out without restricting my self.

Well I prefer bodyweight exercises than lifting weights…but I figured I’d post here anyway. Hope no one is offended.

Just did 180 standing calf raises (divided into three sets of 60). This is not my best by far, but it is my best I could do today. I’m still recovering from a surgery not long ago so I was happy with that for now. Gave me an overall good feeling like I can get back to working out without restricting my self.

No way, people can post what they want in there. If it's an achievement for you then that's all the matters. Good work with those high reps, pretty crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeYhn1cHPI

I know my form isn't too great and my back was rounding a bit I had a little trouble getting it off the ground using double overhand so I tested my grip with mixed grip by lifting it slightly and then went for the full lift mixed grip. As I mentioned before, this was tough! waaaaay harder than my 110Kg and it's because of my shite grip! It'll be a while before I add any weight.

Best lift ever?

Bench: 410 (no lift shirt)

Squat: 585 (knees wrapped and lifting belt)

Both at the age of 17 and a bodyweight of 177. Both recognized, official records.

I don`t lift anywhere near that now that I`m 38:

DB Incline bench press: 100`s for 8 (yep, full range. None of that half rep BS)

Decline bench: 285 for 5

Squat: 455 for 5

I`ve always had leg power, even as young as about 13. It was my saving grace as a former Pro BMX racer

Pushing the 100`s:

300894_1860534324771_1496191_n.jpg.7750de1a6ceadfdea72b6de1811552e8.jpg

I dropped the 1RM lifting some years ago, but I have to admit I`m still a little fond of certain accomplishments. This has been the busiest two months of the last 10 years, and the next month won`t be much different with Christmas, my fiance`s birthday on new year`s day, and mine not too far after, but I am starting to think (after reading on this site for several hours last night!) that I might start on a plan to re establish some strength landmarks.

I`d like to once again hit a bench of 315, and a five plate squat. I`ve got two weeks of re-acclimating to do in order to prepare for 1rm stuff again. I`ll probably use a variation of the 5X5 and 5,3,1 programs that I designed myself a couple of years ago for some clients that ended up working very well. I`ve got a dodgy shoulder from a crash in a bmx race a few years ago, so I`ve got to be especially mindful of that. I~ll post up when I officially start toward the goals, and obviously commence bragging once I get there HAHAHA!!

Bench 1x240 lbs PB (had a stupid spotter that had fingers on the bar even though the bar was still moving up - I would have finished it anyway)

I've noticed a couple of people have had trouble with spotters recently, luckily a friend of mine spots me and won't touch the bar unless it looks like I'm in trouble, some people are just too hasty eh. Great lift man