Jessica's Training Journal

Wow haven't been on here in forever!! I have been doing great though. Enjoying my extra time this summer. I have taken up yoga and belly dancing and have been loving them both. My flexibility has dramatically improved. I have also gained some muscle . I need to post some pictures soon and do more of an update.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya i love my vibrams! except i need to soak them in some essential oil filled water since they have a knack for smelling bad. My gym is like a 10 min walk from my house lol. I am yet to get a bike (used to use my moms) since 90% of the places i go are within walking distance from my house. One of the perks of living in a city hehe.

and yes i think she is probably the most spoiled dog ever hehe i give her EVERYthing she wants so she is quite bratty and manipulative but is also very well behaved and lazy so she is still a wonderful dog.

My current basic work out routine at gym is

20 minutes of cardio (i alternate treadmill and elyptical)

(my reps and weights vary)

Chest and Back day:

Incline bench press

lat pull down.

Pull ups

Lat pull out thing (not sure what called but it is generally on the same machine as the lat pull down)

Leg and ab day:

Squats

Deadlifts

Possibly some random leg machines

A few ab exercises of my choice

Shoulders and Triceps:

Shoulder press

Alternating lifting my arms straight out to the side and in front of me

Tricep dumbell curls/dips (don't know which one)

tricep rope pull downs

Dips

Abs and Biceps:

Dumbell and Barbell curls

6 or 7 sets of various ab exercises

I also try to go swimming on thursdays for about an hour, i go to a Zumba class every thursday night, I like to skip one day of gym and do a p90x video for that day instead of the gym work out to switch things up. I also try to make it to 1 yoga class and 1 belly dancing class and do one session of each at home. I have also been trying to work on my stretching but for some reason it is easier for me to spend 2 hours at the gym than sit down for 15 minutes to stretch.

Recently discovered the awesomness that is lentils! I am not sure what kind they are but they are orange and very small. Been replacing some of my rice at meals with them =) except today im trying to go low carb so they have completely replaced my rice...xP.

Going to go on vacation to Thailand on the 21st! so am trying to lose a little weight and really be strict with food until then so when i get there i can enjoy all the awesome Thai, Indian, Lebanese, and Italian food that is there!!! =D There is a gym near where i am staying though so ill be able to work out for the 10 days that i am there still =).

I plan to eat lots of yummy food in Thailand but one of the perks of being vegan is a big portion of the yummy vegan food, epessially in Thailand, is mostly fruit and vegetables haha. I am REALLY looking forward to fruit smoothies, Stir-fried vegetables, Pad Thai, Indian vegetable curry, Sorbet at Swenson's, and mango sticky rice! =D YUMM!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well had a LONG vacation after thailand i had another super lazy week but now i am finally getting back into things. Didn't work out at all while in Thailand due to the gym being closed for holiday. Do gyms close in America for holidays too? Gyms are always closing on holidays here! The break ended up good though because i came back really pumped to get back into working out. I have a new bodybuilding inspiration i found on simply shredded ( http://www.simplyshredded.com/tamika.html ) and i am actually doing her work out except for a few minor tweaks. I have also worked on making my diet cleaner and adding in more vegetables. The biggest problem that i am trying to work on now is how to lose some fat. I am actually happy with my muscle gains. My boyfriends little sister told me i looked stronger, i had a few people question if i was on steroids, and a friend said my arms have gotten bigger. So i am feeling good about my muscle growth but really want to cut everything now and lose some of this stubborn fat. I am doing higher reps with my lifting, trying to eat cleaner and less calories (although i really don't eat a high calorie diet), and i am also planning to do 3 HIIT treadmill work outs a week as well as some moderate intenity cardio before work outs. I just feel a little lost because i have been working out for quite a while and over all i am quite active and my diet is good and i am finally happy with my progress in muscle growth but now i really need to cut down my bodyfat so everything can show. So still trying to keep working at this whole thing and think of new ideas. just having one of those days i guess xP

Finally got over some sort of food poisoning i got while working in another city on Friday. Had a pretty good work out tonight and then Zumba tomorrow =). My current goals to work towards right now are 1. 30 minutes of cardio at gym (either 15 min treadmil on incline follower by 15 min of elliptical or 30 min of HIIT) 2. Yoga every day 3. a few min of cardio before breakfast (maybe going up and down the 15 flights of stairs in my apartment building) 4. Decrease carb intake 5. stretch more!

So i have goals and everything to progress myself towards these and now that i am better i am feeling quite motivated to begin working on them =).

bonjour, just thought i'd give you some fat loss ideas that i tried that worked for me

i'll start with the most xtreme one, fasting. there's a few ways i tried, i started by delaying the 1st meal of the day(breakfast) until 12pm everyday for a week, then went every other day no food for a week, then did 3days straight no food, then did 11days juice fast. if you got the mental for it, that's the quickest way iv experienced fat loss.

my second idea for you is sauna, i was sweating my ass off 2wice a day for 30mins each, really good for most things, not just fat loss

another thing is something your already doing but that's clean your life, i was reading somewhere it's not just the fat we eat that makes us fat. its the high toxic lifestyle (food, air, water), our bodies wrap the toxins in fat so they aren't running around in our blood making us feel shit. which is why some fat loss/detox programs can sometimes make you feel shitty, because when you break the fat down, you release the toxins stored up.

Good luck with all of it

Holy crap you have some self control lmao! I don't think i could ever do that lol. Right now my plan is to keep a food diary and every few days pick something to improve (decrease carbs in a certain area, switch out a snack, eat more salads, space out my eating more etc) and just keep working on slowly improving my diet all the while increasing cardio. Right now i want to lose weight but im more focused on slow changes towards long term improved habits then temporary things. A sauna would be awesome but the only ones i know of around me are for people to go spend the day at. If i ever become rich im getting one of those mini saunas in my house haha.

Hey. ya my current ideas about my goals for life is to shoot for attainable things and work up to them and make them set into my life style and not just something i have to struggle through every day lol. My basic ideal diet plan would be

Meal 1- Shake with fruit, coconut milk, protein powder, spinach etc.

M2-stirfry with lots of veggies and tofu and/or beans

M3-Something like trail mix, apple with pb, salad or etc.

M4 and 5-Protein shake before and after work out

M6-A healthy dinner with lots of vegetables and protein with carbs being moderate to low.

Then after dinner if i a hungry before bed i plan to just eat salads until i sleep .

Lowering my carbs and eating more salad should lower my calories and every 3 days i plan to make a little goal to work on and i plan to start going to the gym earlier to fit in some cardio before i lift weights.

Friday i went out of town to work, did a wine show thing and ended up with 2 bottles of french wine that i will have to indulge in with my boyfriend at some point ;D. For the weekend i don't have anythng too fun planned. Have some school to work on and i am hoping to finish my schedule and goals so i can get fully started with them monday .

• 2 weeks later...

Have been doing well with my diet. I feel like i have lost a tiny bit of weight too..maybe =). I feel happier with how my arms look as well. They look more cut i think. My current goals have been to not include carby foods like rice and pasta etc. with lunch (so big stirfries everyday for me) and to only eat salads after dinner.