RC 2.0

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has looked like this for months:

Fruit all morning.

Sometimes fruit all afternoon too.

Sometimes Indian or Thai food for lunch, usually Indian food.

Sometimes brown rice, beans and avocado for lunch.

Fruit as snacks.

Dinner looks like this pretty much each night:

Brown rice

Pinto beans (sometimes black beans, sometimes both)

Avocado

Greens

Hummus

And sometimes olives and pickles for flavor/fun.

Then fruit before bed.

Occasionally I'll have a Vega bar because I work for them and can eat them anytime I want. So sometimes I do.

That's how I've been rollin....

6 workouts in the past 6 days. Debating whether to eat at home or go get some Indian food now. Hmmm......

Favorite Indian Dish = Hard to say. Aloo Gobi, Aloo Mutter, Rice Byriani, etc. I don't know all the names of dishes. I just eat a variety of different ones at restaurants. A few miles from where I live this is a daily all you can eat vegetarian Indian food buffet. It's all all vegetarian restaurant and nearly all vegan. For example, there were about 12 options today, and 11 were vegan. I go there a few days a week and load up on a whole variety of rice, potato, cauliflower, and other dishes. Lots of veggies and rice. I eat a lot and every day I walk away super full.

Coffee = I've never had coffee in my life. I don't plan to either. No interest in it.

After 6 workouts in 6 days I planned to train today but I didn't manage my time well as far as work, errands, social plans, etc. and didn't train. I was feeling like a rest day was in order anyway so I'm OK with resting today.

Still working and preparing to move. I have about a week left in my apartment. A few days this week and then a few days in January after I return from going home for the holidays.

Well, dinner time.

You guessed it. Good old brown rice, beans, hummus, avocado, greens, pickle and olives

Have a great weekend everyone!

Trained the past couple of days. Total body workouts. One workout was really intense in a group class at Beyond Fit and the other was a workout on my own, not as intense, but over an hour long. Mostly core work.

Hopping on a plane tomorrow. I'm all packed and ready, including my food preparation.

I have sliced apples, bananas, oranges, and some blackberries. I have about 5 hours total on the plane over two flights.

Should be a good day. Only downside is going from 75 degrees and sunny to 45 degrees and rainy for the next few weeks.

But I'll see some family and good friends, so naturally I'm pumped!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Thanks! Happy Holidays to you too!

I went on an 8-mile run in the mountains in the pouring rain on Christmas Eve. Ended up running a 7:37 mile pace with my friend that afternoon.

I'll be doing some skiing this coming week for the first time in 10+ years. We'll see how it goes!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. This year has been a hectic one so far, but pretty good. I've been on the go the past 4 weeks. I spent a couple of weeks in Canada, went skiing at Whistler, gave a talk in Texas, drove across the country and ended up in L.A. where I am now.

I ran another race and came in 2nd place. My time wasn't very good but I ran hard. The only person to beat me was a member of the US Olympic Marathon team (though not recently, he's quite a bit older than me). I feel like I should have won the race but was recovering from a cold I got up in Canada and didn't feel well on race day. But the guy who won was also recovering from an injury and at full strength would have been even faster. I don't really care where I end up, I just felt pretty weak.

Funny, after I stopped caring much about competition I ended up in 1st and 2nd in my only two races in the past 7 years. I just run for fun and so far it has served me well.

I better head to bed so I can wake up and run in the morning sun!

Thanks for checking in on me, guys. All the best!

-Robert