Synny's training journal

It kinda did Mini. I am actually considering a 10k.....yeah got word today that the pump they ordered was faulty so now I am stuck without a car for the rest of the weekend... good thing my mom loves me and can take me to the gym so I can start training for a 10k and some grip training

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a program that is 13 weeks long so will be doing that on the treadmill 3 days a week. Of course would love to find a 10k that doesn't contain a lot of hills... I was surprised at how not sore I was last night after the run unlike the first one I did where my quads and knees were so sore that any slight movement brought tears to my eyes and last night I was dancing around, jumping, etc

Started 10k training yesterday and the first couple weeks looks simple enough lol. I figure 10k training should improve my 5k time.

AM cardio: elliptical interval program resistance 5 on low incline and 9 on higher incline 15 min

Quads

Leg extension: 5 sets 90 lbs 5 reps

Hack squat: 2 sets 140 lbs 5 reps, 3 sets 180 lbs 5 reps

Leg press: 360 lbs 5 reps, 450 lbs 5 reps, 540 lbs 5 reps, 630 lbs 5 reps, 730 lbs 5 reps

Step ups: 5 sets 45 lb bar 5 reps each leg

Leg extensions: 120 lbs 5 reps, 4 sets 135 lbs 5 reps

I hit 2 new personal bests; 180 on hack squat previous was 140 and 730 on leg press previous 720.

Post workout

2 scoops pea and rice blend protein powder

1 scoop carbs

Breakfast

2/3c oats

1 1/3c coconut milk

1 banana

agave

cinnamon

cacao powder

Blended into a smoothie

Morning snack

Apple

Lunch

1/2c black soy beans

1/2c pintos and rice mix

2 tbsp hot salsa

7 asparagus spears

I am following a program. Here is the first 4 weeks of it:

Week 1

Session 1 - 34 min. Run 1 minute. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 8 times.

Session 2 - 28 min. Run 1 minute. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 6 times.

Session 3 - 31 min. Run 1 minute. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 7 times.

Week 2

Session 1 - 38 min. Run 2 minutes. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 7 times.

Session 2 - 31 min. Run 1 minute. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 7 times.

Session 3 - 34 min. Run 2 minutes. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 6 times.

Week 3

Session 1 - 45 min. Run 3 minutes. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 7 times.

Session 2 - 34 min. Run 2 minutes. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 6 times.

Session 3 - 40 min. Run 3 minutes. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 6 times.

Week 4 - EASY RECOVERY WEEK

Session 1 - 40 min. Run 3 minutes. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 6 times.

Session 2 - 30 min. Run 2 minutes. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 5 times.

Session 3 - 40 min. Run 2 minutes. Walk 3 minutes. Do this 6 times.

Let's just say that with the 5k runs I just went out and did them no training no nothing really. My running days are Sun, Tues, Thurs only because those are either my active rest day or smaller muscle group days.

Dec 17, 2012

Chest

pushups: 3 sets 15 reps

DB bench: 30 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 35 lbs 10 reps, 40 lbs 10 reps

Ball crunch: 5 sets 30 reps

DB incline bench: 30 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 35 lbs 10 reps, 40 lbs 10 reps

Oblique crunch: 3 sets 15 reps, 1 set 10 reps

Band fly: 5 sets 10 reps

Great morning got my car back so that makes me happy camper since I can now be mobile again!!

AM cardio: 20 min treadmill booty blaster

Calves

leg press calf raise: 180 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 230 lbs 15 reps, 250 lbs 15 reps

Standing calf raise: 3 sets 120 lbs 15 reps, 135 lbs 15 reps

Seated calf raise: 4 sets 115 lbs 15 reps

Bosu crunch: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps

Decline crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Leg press: 360 lbs 5 reps, 450 lbs 5 reps, 540 lbs 5 reps, 630 lbs 5 reps, 730 lbs 5 reps

Wow! You are now getting up to me! That is 8 45lbs plates on each side: 16+! Way to go and push that weight!

(Are you secretly trying for the goal of 1000 lbs? - that was mine, and when I hit that goal - took me over decades to get there though! - I knew I could do anything! The way you are rockin it, you could probably have it in a year or so! Mmmmmm, though you are running now, and it is longer and longer distance. . . well, we shall see!).

Congrats on this PB!. " title="Applause" />

I was just hoping it was you who was commenting on my thread!!! Yes I am hoping and very verbal about hitting 1000 lbs leg press Yeah I am starting to work on my bucket list and a sub 30 5k and a 10k and a mini triathlon are all on it... trying to mark stuff off but i know 3 probably won't happen.

First snow of the season and they have school closings..... This is also my boxer's first experience with snow and she likes it. Shoulder sore so taking it easy on the weights not one bit happy bout that but don't want to down and out for a long time. Last night I did all body weight legs and skipped shoulder work. Tomorrow is triceps and back so hoping I can at least go light on the weight.

snow.jpg.f6e95f8998601c5e5e448694a17888d6.jpg

Bah humbug and a merry christmas.... The day started out on a bad not with mom waking up me and the dogs with a phone call, I had to cook turkey and ham, no not the fake meat but the real crap, and to top it off.... some idiot neighbor of mine called animal control on me!!!!! Accusing me of leaving my dogs outside all night long with below freezing temps with no dog house for shelter. Hell no I don't have a dog house because they live IN THE HOUSE!! Oh but now I have to buy one and after pricing them out they aren't cheap! Even Craigslist they are expensive! What ever happened to love thy neighbor? Funny thing is I could turn the neighbors I think turned me if the EXACT same thing and more but I don't....

I am still around. Just trying to get past the craziness that is my life right now. Still doing 2 a day sessions, now working 2 jobs, and just trying to fall into a normal routine as much as possible and then I will start posting again. Starting over on my 10k training as Xmas eve and Xmas kinda screwed up my week....

I sure don't feel like supawoman today lol. I feel beat up, run over and running around in circles.... running a lady to and from the hospital daily for chemo and radiation is my second job and it is already taking its toll on my body being around all nasty stuff in hospitals.

Ok I am officially umemployed!!!! YIPPY!!!!!!!! Now I can focus on finding a menial job and start getting my butt back to school so that I no longer have to be a nurse aide and wipe butts. You have no idea how happy this makes me Granted I am running a lady to and from her appointments and getting paid some but it is mostly to help her get better. I feel like a huge boulder has been lifted off me finally.