Burned out...again

I burned out on the gym. This time, I realized it wasn't my body, but my mind and motivation that failed me.

My problem for the last year or more has been focusing on entertainment, leisure, learning, and helping others. Nothing wrong with those things, but when they take the place of my personal wellness like lifting, sleep, eating a balanced, clean (non-junk food) vegan diet, it becomes a problem. My 2013 resolution isn't to lose X amount of pounds, lift X amount of days per week, eat X amount of calories, or sleep X amount of hours; it's to prioritize my wants, needs, and goals.

Unfortunately, there are only 24 hours in a day. After my needs - sleep, work, chores, etc. - I'm left with little time to do my wants and goals. This means I can either average 6 hours a sleep at night to do them both, or I can make my goals my new "wants" and drop my current wants by the wayside.

2012 wants:

- Learning about fitness and raw vegan nutrition mainly via YouTube and 30BaD.

- Spreading knowledge or experiences to help others (both diet and just life in general).

- Arguing with people to prove I'm right about something (usually with non-vegans on the many hypocrisies of their diet).

- Wasting time reading/watching/commenting on usually meaningless Yahoo! news stories (you know you do it too! haha).

- Watching comedic and philosophical YouTube vids.

- Trying to find a woman to make the happiest person on the planet.

- Fantasy football - enough said.

2013 wants:

- Be a more productive worker.

- Be more awake and alert by eating a consistently low-fat, whole foods vegan diet.

- Be more awake and alert by making sleep a priority.

- Be more awake and alert by being consistently active.

- Avoid confrontation.

- Focusing on actions, not words.

- Focus on my own well-being before others'.

- Stop procrastinating.

- Stop making excuses.

- Improve my vision naturally.

I really like how you contrast your last years wants/goals vs this years. It really puts things into perspective. Sometimes just writing things out for yourself can be very eye-opening. Reading this post was very eye-opening for me.

Thanks for sharing,

-Dylan